Kallaisbananen - Dark Angels Army

Kallaisbananen

Hey! So this is my army of Dark Angels, or at least parts of it. I started little less than a year ago with buying the Dark Vengeance kit. My first time I came in contact with the hobby was about 15 years ago, but being a kid.. well lack of funding was a problem to even get going back then. But the models looked awesome back then.

Anyhow, I feel like I've hit some kind of stagnation in my painting. At least it feels like I'm not moving much forward and some how I sense that one of the next step to make the models look more alive would be weathering effects.

So I thought I'd share some pictures of my progress. Any feedback, hints, tips and tricks is appreciated.

Some of the pictures are old enough that the tuft hasn't been applied yet. And the quality of the pictures aren't the best either.

List:

~15 Tac Marines(DV and BoC)

10 scouts

5 Terminators

5 Deathwing Knights

3 Librarians (Ezekiel, Bike conversion, DV set)

3 Ravewing Bikes(DV)

1 Ravenwing Black Knights (only Champ painted)

ToDo:

Rhino

2 Ravenwing Black Knight(Apothecary and normal)

~10 Tac Marines

1 Interrogator Chaplain on bike conversion

Pictures:

First tac marines. Well they got painted first and in a batch so some of the look really screwed, table top approved since they look okey from afar. smile.png Also, I regret that I never customized the second sergeant. I've seen some neat variants of him that I'd like to to.

DV Tacs

Terminators. Tried some drybrushing.

DV Terminators

Ravenwing Squad.

DV Bikers

Librarian AKA Lost-in-Wash. He's a sad case, got way to wild with the wash, but I'm planning on fixing him.

DV Librarian

Librarian on bike conversion. Somewhat happy with the result.

Librarian on bike 3

Librarian on bike 1

Deathwing Knights. These I love fluff wise so I spent quite some time with these. Too bad they've never shown any of that power on the battlefield. First time they got eaten by IG lasgun fire. I rolled 4 1's on 11 shots.

Deathwing Knights

First scout squad. Got a second one too. Tuft has been added. Aint much to say more than getting a decal on their shoulder is the worst thing ever.

Scouts

Ezekiel, and a Ravenwing Black Knight champ. The second shot was to show the result of some decal practice.

Ezekiel

Ezekiel Black Knight Champ

These three last ones are from my latest session. They are painted green with the new spray from GW and I was excited to see the results. At first it seems a bit dull in the color, but when I compared it to the others it was actually very close. It made the green paint job not feel like such a chore. The sergeant is planned to get some blood splatted effects, chainsword usage.

Tac Missile Launcher

Tac Sergeant 3

Tac Sergeant 1

Tac Sergeant 2

Archived