Jetfighters Missiles

Berzul

Quick question:

Do the missiles on the Nephilim Jetfighter count as one weapon with 6 shots? Or as six weapons of one shot each?

I ask this cause I was wondering, could you choose to shoot only missiles one turn? Or can you only fire one each turn?

Since each missile seems to have an individual statline as a One Use Only weapon, it would seem to me that they would not be counted as a single weapon with limited ammo, but rather as different weapons, with each One Use Only attack counting as one.

I seem to recall, you are also only allowed to fire 2 missiles per turn max..... or was thar 6e?

To be sure i cant see it in 7e rules or DA codex.....

But as mentioned above, each missile is a single weapon.

Another note, that each missile has missile lock, and straffing run gives bs5 at ground targets....

4 s7 shots hitting on 2+, with a reroll.....

I dont understand why people dont like this flyer, i love it

Where is the rule you can only fire two missiles though? I thought i have seen it, but cant find the reference.

Otherwise, in theory could you fire 4 missiles while not firing any other weapons?

Blacksword are strength 7 in 7th edition

:)

The rule book says zooming fliers can use up to 4 weapons at full ballistic skill. I can't find anything that limits the qty of missile per turn either.

Does anyone else assume this also means you can shoot more weapons but those shots are snap shots?

If so you could shoot 4 missiles then snap shoot the mega & heavy bolter.

If you're not zooming then I'd say you've crash landed! As the Nephilim is not a flyer that can switch into hover mode.

Wait, the Nephilim Jetfighter cannot enter hover mode? I was in the understanding that all fliers could go from zoom to hover.

Also, with regards to the missiles, is good to know you can fire all 4 weapons as missiles. For their range and strength, they are clearly meant to take down heavily armored units and vehicles, and against a vehicle, sometimes you need all the shots you can get. 

Although, if you manage to position yourself behind tanks and vehicles, a S6 weapon can still do the trick.

Wait, the Nephilim Jetfighter cannot enter hover mode? I was in the understanding that all fliers could go from zoom to hover.

Also, with regards to the missiles, is good to know you can fire all 4 weapons as missiles. For their range and strength, they are clearly meant to take down heavily armored units and vehicles, and against a vehicle, sometimes you need all the shots you can get. 

Although, if you manage to position yourself behind tanks and vehicles, a S6 weapon can still do the trick.

No, the flyer actually needs to Hover type listed next to flyer for that to be possible.

I made the mistake once of assuming the Nephilim could hover like the Dark Talon when I was using the Silence Squadron. Would have certainly made a difference if I had've known it couldn't.

Having dug a bit into rules i have discovered the following:

6edition rule book page 81 - Flyers section...Special Weapon Systems.....Missiles.....A maximum of two missiles can be fired per shooting phase and they count toward the total number of weapons fired that turn.

7edition digital rulebook flyers section...no mention of special weapon systems? This might be an error on digital rulebook? Can someone confirm please.

In 6e rules this was also where rules for bombs and bombing run....i cant find these either in the digital 7e rulebook.

Might be an issue with my digital edition.......

But as is for me, i can fire 4 weapons per turn, as long as i have enough missiles, i can fire 4 in one turn as long as i dont fire any other weapons...

Did a fair bit of tinternet searching 40k forums.....

7th edition removed restriction on 2 missiles

In theory you can rock up in your nephilm jetfighter and skyfire at bs4, 4 rerollable s7 missiles at another airbourne target or

At bs5 fire 4 rerollable s7 missiles at a ground target.

Now s7 does not seem like much but you pretty much are going to roll 4 dice in your attempt to take out that droppodded dreadnaught or deathstar unit, only ap3, means stay away from targeting termies though.

My preference would be a dreadnaught hunter with missiles full salvo

Archived