Dark Angels Successors Discussion

Harleqvin

Cool. Where can I find this source? 

I know Dark Angels is one of the purest but I love to read the exact wording. Cheers!

Nowhere. That quote is from the 40k wiki, whose only cited sources are Codex: Black Templar, Index Astartes 1, neither of which mention specific chapters, the 2nd edition rulebook, and a White Dwarf from 1988.

Besides, purity is not the same as functional organs, and the original statement was on identification via functional organs.

I know Dark Angels is one of the purest but I love to read the exact wording. Cheers!

Nowhere. That quote is from the 40k wiki, whose only cited sources are Codex: Black Templar, Index Astartes 1, neither of which mention specific chapters, the 2nd edition rulebook, and a White Dwarf from 1988.

Besides, purity is not the same as functional organs, and the original statement was on identification via functional organs.

It's also in 3rd Edition Codex: Dark Angels (DA have among the purest and most functional, but high lords refrain from using their geneseed for additional foundings).

Sorry, but it is listed multiple places. You can't really say it appears nowhere and then cite a bunch of sources. Furthermore, purity is directly linked to functional organs, as degradation of the geneseed is what causes organs to stop functioning.

It's also in 3rd Edition Codex: Dark Angels (DA have among the purest and most functional, but high lords refrain from using their geneseed for additional foundings).

Sorry, but it is listed multiple places. You can't really say it appears nowhere and then cite a bunch of sources. Furthermore, purity is directly linked to functional organs, as degradation of the geneseed is what causes organs to stop functioning.

Then I'm sure you can tell me all the nonfunctioning organs the White Scars or the Iron Hands have that proves their impurity.

And I say it appears nowhere because THAT exact quote does not appear anywhere.  In no official material are the Dark Angels, Ultramarines, and Grey Knights mentioned together based on their purity.  All of those sources I mention are mentioned as not containing it, since those were the ones listed on the wiki, and you were the one using the wiki as a quotable source.

Archived