Land Speeder conversion

Frater Cornelius

There is this idea that is haunting me for a while now: knightly DA. Black Knights mounted on Demigryphs and so forth. Basically a more noble off-shoot of the secretive and monastic DA.

But once I start musing about it, it always hits a snag. The Speeders. I am not a big fan of the Speeder models to begin with but when taken with the mentioned style they simply look out of place.

Any idea how to convert or alter Land Speeders to be more in line with that knightly style? Do you think a simple alteration like gadgets and ornamental additions (like the Dark Shroud) would do the trick? Or would this call for something a little more extravagant?

Cheers ;)

Great Eagles with Space Marine riders?

That... I am not sure if that would brilliantly over-the-top or overly brilliant. Either way, Griffon or Eagle riders with mounted guns on top would fit quite well, if done correctly. Seen it before with Eldar exodites after all.

Back in a day, when ShadowGuard still walked the halls of B&S, there was a contest devoted to creating a chapter with full fluff and painting scheme (DA successors). I had idea similar to yours, with main difference being fact that I wanted to use various reptiles (think Cold Ones as replacement for bikes, vyverns or other pterodactyl- like creatures for Landspeeders and so on). I still have one concept drawing I did back at the time- hope you do not mind me sharing it (this was a scout of Penitents chapter, but replace him with battle brother, add saddle with two flag-poles and you will have quite impressive Landspeeder, with fire- breath "counts as" option):

penitents.jpg

Archived