Deep Striking from a Storm Raven Question

kalenein

I am pretty sure I cant do this but I wanted to ask anyway.. but if put an assault squad in a Storm Raven and pay the 10 points for the locator beacon my assault squad cant take advantage of that if they deep strike out of the storm raven via skys of fury right? So basically the turn my SR comes on the board I cant just fly it up point blank in front of a Leman Russ and drop three melta guns on top of him without scattering can I..

You cannot do that on the turn the Stormraven comes in from reserve. Later it is possible if you designate a point for skies of fury that is within 6" of the stormraven (and along the line the stormraven moved).

It also works if the Stormraven was deployed on a Skyshield Landing Pad with the Ready for Takeoff upgrade.

Thanks for the answers looks like I can make use on the second turn that the SR is on the board.

As a side question assume an opponent you play against fairly often always brings Pask in an punisher cannon lemen russ with orgyns in front for cover. what is the best way you can think of to tackle this target?

As a side question assume an opponent you play against fairly often always brings Pask in an punisher cannon lemen russ with orgyns in front for cover. what is the best way you can think of to tackle this target?

Fly over the tanks and shoot them in the rear, drop pod behind them, hang a Furioso on the stormraven. With the Magna Grapple the dreadnought never has to roll a dangerous terrain test while getting out via Skies of Fury.

Archived