Virgin night lords list 1750

Jamesb_05

Ay up

Me and my mates are all starting up a 30k legion and here's my first list, any advice is good advice :)

Terror Assault

Legion Praetor 180

Cataphractii

Duel lightning class (master crafted)

Digital lasers

5 terminators 210

Cataphractii

2x chain fiats

2x power fists

Pair of lightning claws

^dedicated Spartan 330

Flare shields

Armoured ceremite

Contemptor Morris 180

2x assault cannons

Terror squad 260

10x marines

9x volkite

Artificour and melts bomb

Terror squad 260

10x marines

9x volkite

Terror squad 180

6x marines

5x volkite

3x apothecary 135

I see everyone using the volkite on the terror squads, can someone tell me if they're worth it? Again any help is appreciated

Looks pretty good to me. If you can free up some points, you might want to put a Paragon Blade on the Praetor, since virtually every character of note will be rocking a 2+ save. You may struggle with armour at range, though that's common for most Terror Assault lists.

Hope this of use.

Dallo

Sevvie is frikkin awesome as a stand alone character. He barely buffs your army however like most special characters in 30k. His role is to be in a challenge and if he survives long enough to non-scatter DSing termies on top of him. I bring him for cool factor and that he is decent for his cost. Aside from the occasional P medicae added in, I don't use any other HQs in my normal NL lists.  

Oh and unless it was in an FAQ I missed, you cant put elite choice apothecaries in with terror squads.

Yeah, you can attach Apothecaries to Terror Squads - that's VERY old news. They'll still be able to Infiltrate too.

The only way you can have Independent Characters (that don't have Infiltrate) join Terror Squads is by taking Drop Pods.

Mentioned it in another post recently - Sevatar is not suited to Terror Assault lists unfortunately. He's still cool though! Curze, on the other hand, is made for Terror Assault.

Sevie does great in Terror assault. Stick him with a vet or terror squad equipped for hand to hand and stick them in a drop pod or storm eagle. I typically field 3 full(ok, one 9 man) terror squads and 2 vets as standard in my lists, everyone in drop pods. Curze is nice for high point games for sure.

Archived