What would you put in a Thunderhawk?

Gumo9

I've finished my Thunderhawk !

So, what should I put in it? A transport capacity of 30 models means it is a massive points investment so i would probably build the entire list around it.

I'd be interested in your opinions for fun games of around 3000 points or more.

Thanks folks

G

Ooooh. Bit of a Death Company theme going on here. I'm liking it.

Jump troops count as 2 models, bikes as 3, and dreads as 10.

Originally i was thinking of 10 jump pack troops and a furioso so that i could land the troops close and benefit from hammer of wrath. But now you've got me thinking.

G

Ooooh. Bit of a Death Company theme going on here. I'm liking it.

Jump troops count as 2 models, bikes as 3, and dreads as 10.

Originally i was thinking of 10 jump pack troops and a furioso so that i could land the troops close and benefit from hammer of wrath. But now you've got me thinking.

G

Bikes are five I believe. One of the best things about a SHV transport is the ability to take multiple units. So opt for some synergy!

Oh, and she doesn't fit on a Skyshield Landing Pad so no first turn shenanigans :(

Land Raider? ;) I heard they like jumping out of Thunderhawks....

Deploying bikes out of it would be pretty cool, though probably a bit unnecessary considering their speed.

Otherwise 13 DC with Astorath and a jump Libby, especially if the THawk is painted black with red crosses!

Land Raider? msn-wink.gif I heard they like jumping out of Thunderhawks....

They haven't done that since 5th edition. sad.png

deep striking land raiders with a mawloc style attack, for dropping a huge chunk of metal on the heads of the enemy would be awesome.

when ive used mine, ive tended toward dante + 2 units of  sanguinary guard plus 2 priests (this was old codex so thats 26 capacity gone).

the 30 capacity is nowhere near as great if you use jump infantry in it, i imagine 3 tactical squads dropping out and rapid firing could be fun tbh

Archived