[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

10-15, apothecary, power axes, shield / axe on the sarge.

They are still troops only there to cap things and harass stuff - keep em relatively cheap.

That said because of all of the buffs they get (especially when combined with a Lucius pod for 3+ cover) you can invest in a few more squads than normal, at least until we get our jump pack veterans *fingers crossed*

On assault squads, basically what Charlo said. They are going to be hit hard if they are out there by themselves tho so make sure you spend some points on apothecaries if you can and back them up with a dread drop pod or two, or maybe even a Dreadclaw loaded with Termies.

Personally im sending in a decked out Leviathan with them. Even if the squads are kept small, a Levi, 2 squads, an apothecary + Praetor, thats 1k points at the enemy's throat on turn one. It can be pretty brutal if you can survive the counter fire.

135pts gets you 5 dudes with Camo and a nuncio vox. Maybe add in a combi for opportunity cost?

You can pop these where you like and just go to ground if you don't get first turn and then call in the Angels/ Leviathans/ Dreadclaw Terminators....

It's ridiculous that the camo is a meltabomb per marine....

Like a Siege Breaker or Forge Lord who can have Nuncio's regardless of any other gear they take whilst not being limited like, say, the Master of Signal.

Not a bad idea and comparable in points to the Recon Squad!

I was about to say that it would be personally my 3rd HQ slot filled (after Preator and Damocles) and I want a siege breaker too for Phosphex Quads... But putting him on a bike wastes the tank hunting aspect of his buffs... But I suppose with this I wouldn't even need a damocles, so could take a Forge Lord who has the benefit of rad nades to make that outrider squad even more awesome (hidden Axes wounding on 2+).

AND he could take some cortex buddies as well :o

If only Thrallax got the buffs from Day of Revelation, Jet Pack infantry and not Jump :(

Me gusta.

Edited by Charlo

Forgot the Axes were +1S for some inane reason :wacko.:

Well hey then some swords will and at +1I ;) thin the herd before they strike back.

Honestly I just need Sanguinius' rules so I can use a LoW in my lists... Sure I could use a Storm Bird or Thunderhawk but, no :P

I am continually conflicted whether to go swords or axes with units like Assault Squads or Outriders. +1 to wound for a effective S6 Ap2 sounds nice, but so does swinging before they do.  These units would ideally avoid nasties like Terminators and artificer combat squads (who mince them in short order), and would rather bully other power armor, but sometimes it's unavoidable.  I will probably end up doing 1 of each (fist, axe, sword) for all my units just for variety.

Edited by Terminus

Id probably still stick to a fist on the sarge to negate FNP especially now that they can be slapped onto pretty much any squad out there.

A single 5++ from a combat shield (in the event of assault on assault) is better than 5++/5+++ or the difference between no save and a 5+++ when invulns arent in play.

Edited by Slipstreams

It's important to not get caught in the trap of "Gotta Use The Special Rules Always". Yes, it's important to utilise what we are essentially paying for, but bringing the appropriate tools to the table will also always be important.

Plus, power fists are fething Bad. Ass.

This is the mistake Emperor's Children players make all the time and shove phoenix spears everywhere.