[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

Played an an 8k game vs Emperors Children and Son of Horus at the weekend.

Why I'm so interested to know how I can choose if the Assault Marines can come on turn 2 is because by then I might have destroyed some of the tanks that annihilated my troops the turn after they landed.

So far I've only seen Day of Revelations which says they must arrive very first turn.

Otherwise they would arrive as reserves so might be turn 2. Or 3. Or even 4. The random element can be a real issue.

One squad also got lost to a mishap so next time I am definitely taking a Scout armour squad to infiltrate and prevent scatter. Will help with counter battery fire as well (or a command rhino but this was up a. 8' table so wouldn't have helped).

Nothing really to report on the Blood Angel side as they were all priority number 1 targets and got wiped off the board. The Leman Russ and Basilisk allies were great as always. :D

• 1 month later...

Depends on the opponent.

Honestly you could make a single list and swap the RoW on a Case-By-Case basis if you want since they more or less have the same restrictions.

For General Combat, the DoR is pretty good with the flat initiative buff and the BA's +1 to wound and all.

AW and DAV are neat in that you get Hit And Run on your marines meaning that if you have charge-activated effects, you can make the most out of them (Such as a Chaplains Zealot) As well as letting you Slingshot across the table if required.

DAV has the added benefit of forcing units within 12" of your Deepstriking Assault Marines to snapshoot meaning theyre a bit more durable.

However, DoR's Cover Save on the drop stacks pretty nicely with a DDP's Shrouded (3+ cover in the Open) and if its night fight, you've got yourself a 2+ Save (unless I'm forgetting something).

I feel that the Day of Revelation will become significantly better once Sanguinius is released, that LOW restriction won't hurt as bad. Cause man would some of the other LoW's help out that list.

But with the points drop for assault squads, non of them are bad.

Day of Revelation has some weirdness, like the fact that you get Hit&Run when you don't want it, or that you have no real way to deep strike infantry with any serious guns to take advantage of the pinning abilities.  It seems like a Rite that should have allowed drop pods, but oh well. 

It will significantly improve once all the Blood Angels stuff is released, without a doubt.  If they get teleporting terminators, or a unique jump infantry unit, or some kind of army buffs from Sanguinius and other characters, it's going to be a very potent Rite.

As it stands now, it's good, but the Night Lords can basically do it better with Drop Assault Vanguard and their Legion rules.

While true, Red looks better sooooooo ;)

Totally agree though, I'm chomping at the bit for unique stuff.

If you are so inclined Destroyers are almost passable in DoR - Turn one arrival helps their deployment, pinning on the drop, you can take an apoth and get the cover save for defence plus they really rock in assault with all the rules combines. Plus you can add in a Twin-Inferno Pistol Moritat for Funsies.

That's what I said :huh.:

Plus templates do work, you can just only get a maximum of 12 hits.

12 S3 AP6 hits.... I'll pass :tongue.:

Not like you...

Right?!

If it was 12 Templates sign me up!

Paying premium for what would be a volley of 6 guardsmen... Not what I'm about :P

Not to be a negative Nancy, but the latest red book tells us Chainfire flat out does not work with weapons that don't roll to hit.

"weapons that do not need to roll to hit do not benefit from this ability."

So the Mori can take the two hand flamers, but he can never use them for Chainfiring.