Angels of Caliban

HaSY

This is awesome!
12717399_10207717320643067_7761978985595

It looks remarkably like my conversion for my DwCS's Company Champion.

12524087_10207586924623248_1087301636201

I totally need to get this book, the new HH game book, and a bunch of other DA novels.
Need to finish commissions so I can afford all this stuff.

I'm just really stoked how much my conversion looks like that artwork that i had never seen prior to today.

Also I am glad they have shown non broken swords for DA TDA.

Does it really seem likely they are going to have Lion and Curze do a stupid fight where Lion gets the :cuss kicked out him?

Love the artwork and it's great to finally see an 'official' take on the Lion, but I'm a bit bemused as to why we're getting another inconclusive fight between the Lion and Kurze. Enough is enough.

As far as official takes go, the Lion was illustrated in Deathfire. As far as inconclusive fights go, I haven't read any recent blurbs on the book, but is there any chance we're talking about a "flashback" look at one of the three duels shown or alluded to in the stories set during the Thramas Crusade?

I like the Lion and I would be happy to see him stay in that style.

Also happy to see more Curze fights (if done well). I mean, that's all we're going to get. There is nothing else for the Lion to do but join up woth Russ and head for Terra too late. Any more DA they can squeeze in is fine with me. Just don't kill characters off please Gav!

Only part I'm disapointed about is halberds on terminators. They look awesome but it's already in 40K. I don't want a rehash of 40K in 30K, I want some originality. We're already getting Ravenwing, I want something new. Give them massive two handed greatswords instead!

Also happy to see more Curze fights (if done well). I mean, that's all we're going to get. There is nothing else for the Lion to do but join up woth Russ and head for Terra too late. Any more DA they can squeeze in is fine with me. Just don't kill characters off please Gav!

Only part I'm disapointed about is halberds on terminators. They look awesome but it's already in 40K. I don't want a rehash of 40K in 30K, I want some originality. We're already getting Ravenwing, I want something new. Give them massive two handed greatswords instead!

They have that in HH. Check out that thread for some of the options for DA. Essentially Terra Greatswords (or something like that,) are what the monster slaying sword we have were.

The halberds seem like a normal thought for a knight oriented theme. Why I like the Corvus Hammers, Maces of Absolution, and such, it seems something that would have been around already in Pre/Heresy era. And for the art it's only one TDA has one. So maybe it will be a limited item still.

And Thanks guys for the likes for my DwCS's Company Champion conversion.

They have that in HH. Check out that thread for some of the options for DA. Essentially Terra Greatswords (or something like that,) are what the monster slaying sword we have were.

The halberds seem like a normal thought for a knight oriented theme. Why I like the Corvus Hammers, Maces of Absolution, and such, it seems something that would have been around already in Pre/Heresy era. And for the art it's only one TDA has one. So maybe it will be a limited item still.

Yeah the Terran Greatswords look great and I'm hopeful that FW will go with a cool direction with the Ist Legion.

I'm just a little concerned that there has been a lack of originality with the BL representation. We have Ravenwing, Deathwing and various other wings so far - nothing new. Basically 40K DA just in Legion size. I want more of a departure than that.

Like I said, the halberds look cool, I'm just being sceptical.

Yeah the Terran Greatswords look great and I'm hopeful that FW will go with a cool direction with the Ist Legion.

I'm just a little concerned that there has been a lack of originality with the BL representation. We have Ravenwing, Deathwing and various other wings so far - nothing new. Basically 40K DA just in Legion size. I want more of a departure than that.

Like I said, the halberds look cool, I'm just being sceptical.

I'm willing to bet that is why there isn't anything special for DA in HH VI book. In a newer BL HH novel maybe they will bring in some special units for us and then they will be added in HH game.

I too want some nifty special squads for HH.

• 3 months later...

Archived