New White Scars list 2000pts

AfroCampbell

White scars list

2000 pts

Praetor

+ iron halo + master crafted power glaive + digital weapons + scimitar jetbike + cyber hawk (10pts) + RoW Chorgorian Brotherhood = 225pts

Primus Medicae

Consul +PM () + power glaive + scimitar bike = 145pts

Jetbike Skyhunter squadron x9 = 345

+ Sgt () +3 plasma cannons +4 melta bombs () = 425pts

Jetbike Skyhunter squadron x9 = 345

+ Sgt +3 multi meltas () +4 melta bombs () = 410pts

Javelin Landspeeder = 75

TL lascannons () + multi melta () = 95pts

Seeker squad = 175pts + 75 for five more members

+ 3 combi-meltas = 280pts

Sicaran battle tank

135+ lascannons () = 175pts

Sicaran venator tank destroyer

190pts + 20pts = 210pts

40ish points leftover... I'm curious if anyone has any experience with jetbike?? Comments and criticism welcome...just an experimental list ATM.

Just to make you aware you can't fire Plasma Cannons if you jink, personally I wouldn't take them on your Jetbikes. My favourite Weapon is Volkite this way they are a threat to Troops, Light Armour and heavier stuff with the Melta Bombs

Also the Sergeant upgrade for them is pretty poor and you haven't given him a CC Weapon, probably the only reason to pay the points but 30pts for a Glaive is not worth it no matter what the stat line is. I would strongly advise you to drop them and get more Melta Bombs for the squad.

1) Melta Bombs are a Squad-Wide Purchase at their Standard Cost. So if you want Melta Bombs its all or nothing unless you purchase a Sergeant and give him the one.

2) Plasma Cannons are a big No-No if you count on ever Jinking.

3) Split the 9man Squads up into 3 Man Squads. Much More Flexibility and smaller foot prints. Also help keeps Melta Bomb costs down.

4) Only give a Sergeant + Power Glaive to the squad that the Praetor and Primus Medicae are joining so that he can Challenge Block if needed.

5) A Paragon Blade on the Praetor is still a better option than a Power Glaive.

6) Get your Primus Medicae an Invulnerable Save.

7) How are you Deploying the Seekers? If they're Footslogging, Replace them with something more mobile otherwise they're expensive Cannon Fodder that wont do much since they wont be able to get into proper range. They're also MUCH better off with Combi-Plasma's especially when going after their Marked Target. You also want more than 3 Combi-Weapons since that isnt much of anything to write home about.

For their Cost you might be better off with 2x3man Plasma Gun Outrider Squads instead using the Spare points to get Power Weapons in the Squad and a Sergeant with a Glaive.

1) Melta Bombs are a Squad-Wide Purchase at their Standard Cost. So if you want Melta Bombs its all or nothing unless you purchase a Sergeant and give him the one.

2) Plasma Cannons are a big No-No if you count on ever Jinking.

3) Split the 9man Squads up into 3 Man Squads. Much More Flexibility and smaller foot prints. Also help keeps Melta Bomb costs down.

4) Only give a Sergeant + Power Glaive to the squad that the Praetor and Primus Medicae are joining so that he can Challenge Block if needed.

5) A Paragon Blade on the Praetor is still a better option than a Power Glaive.

6) Get your Primus Medicae an Invulnerable Save.

7) How are you Deploying the Seekers? If they're Footslogging, Replace them with something more mobile otherwise they're expensive Cannon Fodder that wont do much since they wont be able to get into proper range. They're also MUCH better off with Combi-Plasma's especially when going after their Marked Target. You also want more than 3 Combi-Weapons since that isnt much of anything to write home about.

For their Cost you might be better off with 2x3man Plasma Gun Outrider Squads instead using the Spare points to get Power Weapons in the Squad and a Sergeant with a Glaive.

Thanks so much for the input, as you know slips I'm still trying to decide which Legion, but this is awesome!

I totally see why Paragon is better, and I approve of the above, but I am curious, do you ever want to get jet bikes into CC or no? If so won't three alone get wasted?

I think Slipstreams has hit the nail on the head as he generally does. However i personally disagree with him on 2 points.

I dont like 3 man jetbike squads as frankly they dont have enough firepower and loading them up with melta bombs to waste tanks can be done cheaper with 3 Outriders. 6 jetbikes with melta bombs and 2 volkite is a versatile unit and can be a real threat. Especially as they are scoring for you. 9 man units are too large to hide effectively

The other thing is the Legion Glaive. As it stands the guys are correct in that for a sargent at effectively 30 points is too expensive. But if you think about how much of a chunk of your army you jetbikes are taking up and how you can keep them alive. Now think about hit and run. Charging into combat to avoid getting a turns worth of shooting and then leaving at the the end of your opponents turn is awesome. Now with that power glaive you have a great chance of charging in on your turn and killing the sargent. ( goodbye arti armour )Following combat on your opponents turn killing a couple of marines and then leaving combat so you are on the move again in your turn to cause havoc. without the glaive you probably wont kill anything as jetbike squads normally do nothing in combat.

I have had 3 test games now running 2 units of 6 jetbikes with this loadout and out of those 3 games I have only endured a total of 3 rounds of shooting. Personally i have found the trick is not to kill the tactical squads until you have killed the stuff that can really hurt you as you can end up using them to avoid your jetbikes getting shot at.

Its a fair point about 6x over 3x.

I just went with 3x since he was going for 4x Melta Bombs in a Squad (Illegal since its a full-squad purchase).

6 is the sweetspot; though with 3 you can, if the points are there, have more Glaive-Toting Sergeants.

True, both valid points. BTW glaives are only 15, the 30points mentioned above was cos it was master crafted. Hmmm I'm liking this list...
White scars list

Praetor (100pts)
+ iron halo  + Paragon Blade  + digital weapons  + scimitar jetbike + cyber hawk + RoW Chorgorian Brotherhood = 220pts

Primus Medicae
Consul +PM  + power weapon  + scimitar bike = 140pts

Jetbike Skyhunter squadron x6 = 240
+ Sgt  +2 multi meltas  +4 melta bombs = 295pts

Jetbike Skyhunter squadron x6 = 240
+ Sgt (15pts) +2 volkite culverins +4 melta bombs  = 295pts
(Attaches to the Praetor and PM)

Recon squad 5 men with snipers  and cameleoline  = 175pts
3++ cover save, and can outflank into cover. Uses 4+ armour since they are in cover, and thus can infiltrate

Assault marines... Duh duh duh...
(Come in from outflank)

Javelin Landspeeder = 75
TL lascannons  + multi melta = 95pts

Sicaran battle tank
135+ lascannons  = 175pts

Or...

Sicaran venator tank destroyer
190pts + Hbs = 210pts

Multi Meltas on Jetbikes are pants, I've had my bikes for 6 months now and although the 2 Multi Meltas seem good they are not.

The only thing they will pen are light vehicles like Sicarians and Predators where's Volkite can glance them to death and be a threat to infantry too.

Archived