1850 - Cape Town Regionals

Morticon

Hey guys, I will do my best with batreps, but life is kicking my ass at the moment. 

I took part in a nice tournament on the weekend and my "Relic" BA did fairly well.  Had some FIERCE competition, and it was a tough, tough set of games.

I went in with:

Chaplain - Veritas, Auspex

Libby Dread - lvl 2. 

Inquisitor - 3 Skulls, Inferno Pistol

Damocles Rhino

5x TACs - Heavy Flamer

Razor - las/plas

5x TACs - Melta

Razor - las/plas

5x ASM - 2Melta, 2 Infernus
Pod

Sicaran 

Scorpius Whirlwind - Ignore Cover Upgrade

Fire Raptor 

STORM WING (Iron Hands)

Storm Raven

Storm Talon

Storm Talon

As you can see, I went for flyer heavy to try balance out what I expected to be a lot of double-demi madness. 
The flyers worked VERY well - even against the evil Tau with all the intercept nonsense. 

Will throw up some pics later.

Fought against:

Tau/Marines
Imperial Guard
Tau
Orks (Nigel)
Eldar (4 knights <_<)
Eldar

Defs too few bodies for my liking too, but as spotted- puts out SO, SO much firepower. 

It was a CAD (allowing me rerolls on the WL trait) - a really good combo with veritas. 

Libby dread was a star.  In most of the games I rolled once on Telepathy, and once on Daemonology (and took summoning). 

Otherwise, where I needed the fighty and higher init, I rolled once on BA (took the primaris) and then once on Daemonology (and took summoning). 

The 4 knight game was really good, birds went down VERY cheaply, and fire raptor came in late - which I believe cost me.  Had it ended in 5th, i woulda won by 1 point, but it went on to 7th, and I lost by 1 point.  

Ended off with 4-1-1. (3rd position)

Well done on the wins - what warlord traits did you go for?

Libby dread was a star.  In most of the games I rolled once on Telepathy, and once on Daemonology (and took summoning). 

Hate to say, but libby dreads cannot use telepathy, no psychic shriek for them!

Well done on the wins - what warlord traits did you go for?

Hate to say, but libby dreads cannot use telepathy, no psychic shriek for them!

Then i Cheaty, Cheated ><; 

Damnit. 

Thankfully got invis off once, in a game where it didnt matter. Still..not cool.  Had no idea. 

This is a can of worms.

Last time I posted in a thread on the matter I was told that if a model doesn't have the chapter tactics iron hands rule, then it is not from the iron hands chapter, discussion shut down by a mod.

IMO, a model painted as from a chapter is from that chapter.

Aye, it's a little ambiguous.

TO decision for sure.

Is there rules about picking a chapter tactic for your detachment? Like is that how it is written? If so then maybe other vehicles get it, but they still don't have the chapter tactics rules....

• 2 weeks later...

How was the Ork game?

Nigel was a sad panda.  Competely wiped him off the board. 

Got a little lucky though with him duffing his attacks on the murder-bird.  Meant it stayed alive, and then was able to hit back hard.  Was a fun game, but i had the tools to take him out. 

Archived