Major DA Air Support List

twopounder

I've been entertaining the idea of getting 9 flyers (6 dark talons and 3 nephalim) to take as a Ravenwing Strike Force

The army list would be roughly along the lines of:

MotRW

Scouts x2

Vindicators (squadron of 3)

RSF

I-C on bike

5x Black Knights

6 Dark talons

3 Nephalim

It's not entirely for gaming purposes (I'd probably run this list once, either against someone trying to powergame newer players into a corner or at a tournament) but I do want to finish up my work on the 2nd company. I would only need some dark shrouds and vengeances (and another squad or two of regular speeders).

But in the overall scope of the game, how do you feel the flyers fare?

Has anyone used the Silence Squadron yet?

And does DA air support feel strong enough to be a major presence in your army?

Just some things I'm curious about.

Although the fliers are definitely better this codex, I rarely use them, I feel they are still a little overcosted or underpowered. In my other marine army I use 1, sometimes two stormtalons, and they have never gone a game without at LEAST making their points cost in kills. The Nephilim rarely does anything besides a hull point or two, the Dark Talon fares a little better, but not enough to warrent putting 6 in one army IMO.

I think 9 flyers would get me tabled by turn one if I used them in most of the games I play. And even if I survived, I would still lose because I would have nothing to score objectives with.

Archived