Imperial Knights with Ravenwing

Crazy Jay

So I have an IK kit coming in the mail and while I plan to magnetize so that I can make any variant, which one compliments the Ravenwing best? I was thinking of using a warden in my first go with him. He seems good for taking on the large blobs with his heavy 12, S6 rending gun. Though it's more expensive, the crusader might be good for double big gun shooting action. What have you guys found success with?

Can you make a IK to fill a role in your army? That's what I would do with it. Give it a purpose for being there and it should work.

the problem is that imperial Knights are less aggressive then bikes. More threatening for sure but less aggressive. They won't get along wel

I'd 2nd the battle cannon option

They fulfill a unique role combo-ed with Ravenwing they work better in Eternal war Missions rather than Maelstrom due to the points sink into that and the Command Squad

They Tar pit difficult to Deal with units such as Green Tide & mass Khorne Dogs,  Screamer stars and can benefit from our manipulation bonuses with Rad Grenades Blind tests etc.

So I played an 1850 game against Necrons yesterday and brought a Warden with the avenger Gatling gun and he did OK. He took out a Burning Conclave deceiver C'tan and a unit of Tomb blades. I ended up tabling my opponent at the beginning of turn 4 which since it was Necrons says something. However he didn't have the most optimal list.

the problem is that imperial Knights are less aggressive then bikes. More threatening for sure but less aggressive. They won't get along wel

How do you figure? with equal movement range and stronger CC I'd say that the Imperial Knights are actually more aggressive.  When the IKs came out I was over the moon, in the 6th edition I felt it was the exact thing the army was missing.  A highly mobile and durable unit that could attract fire and dish it out.

While I love IKs, I never fully caught the IK-Fever that GW was spreading with their barrage of releases.  I have the original Paladin/Errant Kit modeled as an Errant.  I'll run it as either of those variants since they are also on the cheaper side of most of them.

Necrons are a good test against IKs.  Really unless there's another IK on the other side of the table I think you'll probably do pretty well with them (who are we kidding, they are basically the strongest army in the game).

My 1850 list I've run has a core of:

• Knight Paladin/Errant
  • Support Squadron with Darkshroud and speeders of choosing (screen the Knight and give it a little insurance stealth)
  • RW Command Squad
  • various configurations of RW squads (3-4 bikes + Attack Bike, Melta/Grav/Plasma as needed)

Fast, and furious!

How do you figure? with equal movement range and stronger CC I'd say that the Imperial Knights are actually more aggressive. When the IKs came out I was over the moon, in the 6th edition I felt it was the exact thing the army was missing. A highly mobile and durable unit that could attract fire and dish it out.

While I love IKs, I never fully caught the IK-Fever that GW was spreading with their barrage of releases. I have the original Paladin/Errant Kit modeled as an Errant. I'll run it as either of those variants since they are also on the cheaper side of most of them.

Necrons are a good test against IKs. Really unless there's another IK on the other side of the table I think you'll probably do pretty well with them (who are we kidding, they are basically the strongest army in the game).

My 1850 list I've run has a core of:

• Knight Paladin/Errant
  • Support Squadron with Darkshroud and speeders of choosing (screen the Knight and give it a little insurance stealth)
  • RW Command Squad
  • various configurations of RW squads (3-4 bikes + Attack Bike, Melta/Grav/Plasma as needed)
Fast, and furious!

an imperial knight is too strong as a back line shooter to be used as a frontline fighter this means he has to hang back and keep his cannons blazing on all cylinders. You want a knight to always be shooting his cannons it's how he gets his points back primarily since they took cc out back and executed it. And well if you want big ugly cannons mounted to shoot at long ranges you don't need a target the size of an apartment block to do it.

The imperial Knights melee weapons should be treated as a last resort tool he will never put in enough work that way to earn back his points unless you decide to tee off with a gorkanaut or something. And playing passive with a unit cuts into points you could spend on more bikes and speeders which are aggressive which rush the enemy down and can get lines of sight he can't because tall structures obstruct him. There on the ground and also get a lot better chances for cover saves then a knight does.

the new knight with the mega lascannons and quad auto cannons and twin stubs is going to probably be a better fit. At least until they decide to do something crazy at gw HQ to restore the balance between cc and shooting

Archived