So whats thye deal?

With two things? 

1) Does a Sanguinary priest need to buy bolt pistol in order to have more than one weapon purchased for him from the various lists?

2) Why does it seem to be popular to give a priest the Valor's Edge? To me this seem counter intuitive as I would want my priest as far from combat as possible ensuring he stays alive longer (well as long as possible in CC).  As long as you keep some fellow I4 (or 5) bodies around and aren't outnumbered you could use them to shield the priest so his pile in move will keep him out of B2B. 

1. Sadly yes. As default he comes with a chainsword and an empty hand. It's stupid, but that's what the rules say.

2. Because its a really good weapon and it has to go on your HQ. AP2 at initiative is very good and the Sanguinary Priest is probably the best HQ choice we have

1. As stated above yes we do sadly

2. I find it most useful because my priest is generally in a squad with another character. this way I can choose which character I can have accept challenges based on what I'm fighting against. Its a cheap way of getting ap2 at initiative.

Archived