Primarch's chosen

noigrim

Not really. It's pretty good if you want to bring a Primarch without needing to spend further points on a HQ.

I see it's main use at game of 2k points to be fair, and don't feel a Typhon is a mandatory addition to every army...

You can bring a Primarch and two Imperial Knights at 2k points now...

I mean, cool, 3 models taking up more than half your list in points :p
Two Crusaders backfield pretty much provide as much firepower if not more than 800 points of tanks, and are more reliable/durable.

There's plenty of points left over for a Primarch and a few bodyguards, and 2 Tac squads in Rhinos.

pff useless RoW

Bc it doesn't allow you to cheat?

You didn't read the rules farther than assuming you could force in another LoW for your opponent to deal with. That isn't the Rite's fault.

If you're looking for Pure OP Cheese, Sure?

But thats not the intent behind 30k anyways.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/cmon/Anime/nichijou-principal-german-suplex-deer.gif

pff useless RoW

Bc it doesn't allow you to cheat?

You didn't read the rules farther than assuming you could force in another LoW for your opponent to deal with. That isn't the Rite's fault.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/5b3ccb6f9553ff1ccd8a443a38efeb7c/tumblr_mu42zblt0b1svp3buo4_500.gif

Ding Ding Ding Ding 

Brutality!

Does the rite allow for anything more other than Vets and Terminators as troops? Teleportation for Terminators?

Not that I know of; besides a fair few of the Primarchs shift units to troops anyways :p

But! If the Primarch Dies, everything in your list is Denial and can no longer score.

Hey guys, I need a quick answer on this as I'll be using it tomorrow.

I've made a 2k list from what I have at hand.

Here's the list:

Guilliman (HQ)

5 Suzerain and Landraider (Troops)

2 Tactical Squads with Rhinos (Troops)

Locutarus (Fast Attack)

Sicaran with Lascannons (Heavy Support)

Fulmentarus with Cyclone Missile Launchers (Heavy Support)

Total: 2000pts.

Now, is this a legal list using this RoW? Or do I have to take Veterans and Terminators 

as my compulsory troops choices?

Please help!

I was under the assumption only Terminators and Veteran Tacticals could be troops 

I was considering something like this at 2.5

Dorn 

5x TH SS  Terminators ( tartoros )  in a Spartan  AC/FS/DB

10x Veteran Tacs  (sniper )  2xHB  in a Rhino 

1x Contemptor Kheres and Grav Gun in a Pod

3x Thudd Gun Rapiers 

2x Grav Cannon Rapiers 

Deredeo w/Missles 

Sicaran Battle Tank   DB / Las Cannons 

Sicaran Venator   DB 

Yeah, "Primarch's Chosen" is definitely better for some Primarchs over others:

- Guilliman & Dorn can already take Legion Terminators,

- Horus can take Veterans & Justaerin (which are now better than Legion Terminators).

Still have the benefit of being a HQ choice instead of LoW, but not as flash. Someone like Alpharius could rock around in a unit of Tartaros Terminators with Preferred Enemy, and Perturabo still likes his Terminator army...

Guilliman can always take Suzerain (and Legion Terminators) as troops.

aye but for the FoC  requirements he would need to take 2 units of termis or vets and then he would be able to  take Suverians 

Yeah, only Terminators and Veteran Tacticals are compulsory Troops.

emphasis mine 

Guilliman does have a rule outright stating he unlocks Invectarus Suzerains as troops, so they would also work for the RoW I guess?

You'd need one unit of Veterans/Termies and one unit of Suzerains, or two units of Suzerains/Termies I guess...

If not 2 units of Vets aren't a huge investment, especially if you don't take special weapons...

*Edit* Doesn't Dorn make Templar brethren into troops?

All of the Primarch/Special Character unlocks do not do one thing: they don't override the fact that "Legion Veteran Squads or Legion Terminator squads must be taken as compulsory Troops choices for this army".

So, if you have Dorn, you get Phalanx Warders as Troops, but they won't count as compulsory choices in "Primarch's Chosen" - you'll have to take 1 Vet/1 Terminator, or 2 Vets, or 2 Terminators. It's the same as Pride of the Legion.

Question is, are Legion-specific Elites unlocked by this as well like they are in Pride of the Legion? So would Phoenix Guard be troops with Fulgrim?

Nope. Legion Veterans & Legion Terminators must be compulsory troops, but nothing about Legion specific units.

Archived