Steve's "Talon Patern" Xiphon project

Steve86

OK i started work on constructing and magnetizing a dark talon/nephilim jet fighter kit using the tutorial in the link below. ive done several searches on anything concerning the xiphon but was only able to pull up older links with no info on size comparison.  its not really an issue just wondering in case i run into some rules lawyer type that wants to say im modeling for advantage. 

My primary issues are finding suitable tllc bits to go in the BS missile spots on the wings and decent missile bits that look the part of the "rotary" missile launcher (possibly where the rift cannon goes).

this is the tutorial: http://eternalwargamer.blogspot.com/2014/02/magnetising-nephilim.html

and the only topic on similar plans was this here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/305199-xiphon-interceptor-caliban-pattern/?hl=%2Bxiphon+%2Binterceptor&do=findComment&comment=3990310

any info for this humble scout is much appreciated and thanks in advance 

the xiphon is the same size at the tail by height however the wingspan is longer, in addition the models core frame around the canopy is much more narrow. so modelling a dark talon into a xiphon would be silly easy, mount a second set of lascannons on an angle from the core guns in the nose, mount the lascannon and missiles from the nephilim. call it good, you dont need to reinvent the wheel here nobodys going to care what your flyer looks like on the bottom, nobody sees that big when its moving across a table

as for modelling for advantage i really doubt you would, if anything your modeling for disadvantage because the dark talon/nephilim has its big tail where the xiphon has its excess workings in the nose. 

i figured as much about the over all shape just needed to be absolutely sure. the whole missile part was to make it look like a round missile pod to match the description of the missile pod. i already have an idea for that i was just wondering if there was another option i was overlooking

Archived