New Guy

Coltsox

After attempting to pick up the hobby several years, I've decided to jump in with my Blood Angels.

I have:

Dante Lord Commander

Sanguine Guard x 5

1 Tactile Squad x 10

1 Death Company x 5

1 Jump Assault Squad

1 Razorback

1 Rhino

1 Death Company Dreadnought

1 Captain

1 Librarian

What other stuff you I be looking to get, I have no clue about tactics yet.

Looks like a good start. I would play a few games with them and then add stuff which you find fun to build and play.

The dreadnought will need transport though otherwise it will get popped and are your death company using jump packs? I think it's the best mode of transport for them

I'd say start to fill out your squads (assuming they are just a single box!)

You'll want your assault squad and death company to be 10 man if you've got them with jump packs :)

I'd also just use the captain bits for conversions and go with a Sanguinary Priest, our captains are a bit meh beyond making a beatstick!

A good base with lots of Blood Angels flavour would be:

Chaplain with jump pack and veritas vitae.

~7Death Company, 1 power fist

1 Furioso Dreadnought in a drop pod 

2x
!0 man tactical squad with Heavy Flamer & mletagun in Rhino or drop pod, or even a Razorback with las plas. (You combat squad and put 5marines in the razorback. The other 5 hold back field objectives)

2x
5 man assault squad with 2x meltagun in a drpo pod. Give a melta weapon of choice to the sgt

Add a Raven if you feel like it&want some aerial support.

From here you can expand with, as an example, a bike squad with 2x grav guns and attack bike with multi melta. Add a sanguinary priest or librarian on bike to help out.

Sanguinary priest(s) and chaplain(s) are easy gets.  A Stormraven is a very solid choice as well.  Baal Predators are fluffy, as its BA exclusive, but the rules don't really make it a top choice presently.

A vindicator tank or even a regular Predator might give you some more options.  Most BA vehicles come with, or can upgrade to, Overcharged Engines.  That upgrade makes vehicles 'Fast", which is a pretty important thing for Blood Angels play style.

Edit: Also, Blood Angels players have been blessed by the Emperor with BA-specific HQ miniatures.  Examples include: librarian, terminator captain, death company chaplain.  They are great miniatures all.

Archived