Later Founding Chapters traceable to the Great Crusade/HH

N1SB

Except he's talking about the role that the legion fulfilled, not necessarily the one that it was intended for. And as far as the HLoT know, and what would be described in the history books, it's the Space Wolves who would be seen to fulfill that regardless of whether it was bred into them or thrust upon them by Russ. And as I said, the War Hounds would've been the first choice, but clearly that didn't work because the red-yellow Minotaurs aren't around anymore.

Its really impossible to tell what the HLoT and Inquisition would know, although Its highly likely they would know a vast amount, more than even the Primarchs if they looked into information Malcador and the Emperor had gathered after the death/ascension. I keep going back to it, but they carry quite an aggressive and stubborn nature, quite obviously the result of their Geneseed Implementation as well as a very fast indoctrination of recruits to the Legion, which only the Warhounds gene had, unless that was taken out. (I can't for the life of me remember where that was quoted)

Undoubtedly the yellow and red Minotaurs were Warhounds genestock without a doubt. But these too show a vast amount of Warhound traits if they are not the same chapter.

Betrayal states that the War Hounds were genetically or culturally predespositioned towards aggressive behavior. The Nails just made it even worse to point they lost all control.

• 2 weeks later...

Been keeping an eye out whilst reading Retribution with reference to the whole Rainbow Warriors idea, and I've found the following tidbits:

With reference to the Thousand Sons: "rumours lingered of smaller groups fighting across the Imperium at locations as far-flung as Prism"

With reference to loyalist Blackshields: "a force of warriors, each one wearing armour of discordantly mismatched heraldry and patterns torn from numerous dead foes"..."Fragmented pict-theif captures show several Blackshields bereft of their helms, each of them bearing an identical Cthonian gang rune tattooed across their scalp."

Archived