BA Update and Decurion (Fanmade)

LordCommanderSamirus

I know there's been several topics like this already but I've put together a little something for you're critique.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzhbPuOi6X_LQjFxSWJxSGIxNG8/view?usp=sharing

I've got the individual data sheets for the listed formations.  I'm just waiting to find out if I can post a link to the full document.  I know I can send anyone the link (after a fandex project from a couple years ago) so if you're interested in a link to the full thing just let me know.

Just my 2 cents. Both "accurate landing" and "skies of blood" rules for assault battle company seem exceptionally week.

My opinion would be along the lines of: all models equipped with jump packs from this detachments gane the jink special rule and can run and charge in the same turn.

If 2 assault battle companies are chosen then then models from this detachment in rhinos or Razorbacks can assault after disembarking.

Having 3 Baal predators in a squadron gives them the shred special rule. Further more the flame storm cannons get torrent.

My opinion would be along the lines of: all models equipped with jump packs from this detachments gane the jink special rule and can run and charge in the same turn.

I like it. Maybe all three is too much.

If 2 assault battle companies are chosen then then models from this detachment in rhinos or Razorbacks can assault after disembarking.

Why only 10 models?

Having 3 Baal predators in a squadron gives them the shred special rule. Further more the flame storm cannons get torrent.

I can see shred through weight of fire, but a flamer (cannon) does not increase its range just because two other weapons of the same type are also firing.

I would make the Angelic Host 1-4 SG and maybe 0-1 Dante. That way you can field all the SG the BA have.

Why doen't the Archangel Strike Force get to have a Librarian Dreadnought? I think a mandatory "HQ choice" wouldn't hurt the formation.

When the Stormwing formation is three flyers I think the Sanguine Wing could be 1-3 flying bricks.

I considered something like that for the battle company but I kept the Company Support rule from both SM and DA.

In the full version 3 Baal predators gain Preferred Enemy and Strikedown.

I predict that Baal squadron of 3 will have a lost Scout  special rule from  previous  codex

According to the 5th Ed codex the Sanguinary Guard are 29 and Sepheran. I included Dante as a mandatory slot for the Angelic Host to prevent a fluff breaking possibility of 2 full formations being taken for 60 Sanguinary Guard. The Sanguine Wing is not a formation. Its more like the Fang of the Tempest from the new SW decurion.

According to the 5th Ed codex the Sanguinary Guard are 29 and Sepheran. I included Dante as a mandatory slot for the Angelic Host to prevent a fluff breaking possibility of 2 full formations being taken for 60 Sanguinary Guard. The Sanguine Wing is not a formation. Its more like the Fang of the Tempest from the new SW decurion.

That's what I get for not checking first. I thought it was 39 plus Sepharan. Disregard the suggestion for another squad. I wouldn't do the numbers restriction through a unique character but through a numbers restriction. Just add "no army may have more than 30 sanguinary guard models" to the restrictions section of the formation, if you fear 60 Sanguinary Guard (that's 1980 pts without wargear or  banner BTW). Don't forget SG do not have Combat Squads. So six units would be possible without having more than 30 models.

Did you include other choices that are not supposed to be formations?

@quixus sorry I ment all units (so the 6 tactical squads, command, auxiliary and any other units that can embark in transports) not 10 models :)

Me giving flame storm cannons torrent was more of a practical issue than a fluff idea as getting 3 vehicles into place effectively to use flamers seems a nightmare, especially when compared to how much easier things would be with the assault cannon, heavy bolter version.

I'm not a fan of the formations we have from the death storm campaign/white dwarf as I believe they were done as a first attempt at the new "decurian". Bassed of that I old suggest more new formation like you have done with the "angelic host".

Formations:

Angelic host: I agree with Quixus on the Dante tax for the sanguinary guard and either have them 1-3 units with a 0-1 Dante or a flat cost of 2 sanguinary guard and 0-1 Dante, the special rules look cool,

Strike force mortalis: I would make your "skies of blood" benefit a special rule for these storm Ravens instead their current rule.

But I like what your doing here mate it looks fun.

A couple of things, there's a typo under Strike Force Mortalis, it says 0-Stormravens, I'm guessing it should say 0-1/2?

The Lucifer Armored task force should call for 1 land raider instead of 3, think of how expensive it would be to buy 3 landraiders for one formation, I'd suggest dropping it to 1-3 land raiders of any variety for the requirement instead of 3-5.

In the thread is fine as long as you don't directly quote any GW produced rules or points values

OK, here goes:

I would not put the Sanguinary Priest in the Demi-Company as the Priesthood is not part of the companies. Make an auxiliary choice (preferably a formation) similar to the Librarius Conclave instead.

I don't like the Fast Transports rule in the Lucifer Armoured Taskforce. IMHO the formation benefits should make the whole greater than the sum of its parts, not make individual parts better. It makes no sense that Land Raiders become faster when other vehicles are also on the battle field. I wouldn't mind having a Fast upgrade on the Land Raider options for a couple of meltabombs, but that is unheard of in the fluff AFAIK.

Heroes of Legend is a lot simpler than what I proposed in the Unofficial Errata brainstorm thread (near the end of my post) and accomplishes something similar.

I'm not sure if it is such a good idea to put the Red Thirst on the detachment. That way the formations won't get it unless they are in the detachment. While I get why you did it from a mechanics point of view, I think how marines react to their curse shouldn't be modified by what other marines are around.

I thought that about the Sanguinary Priests as well but didn't know what rules to attach to it. So if you've got ideas let me know.

The Lucifer Task Force is mostly like the one from the Apocalypse book (fast raiders).

I put red thirst on the detachment because it's on our detachment now. Note that formations taken as an Auxiliary or a command would benefit

That's kind of why I came up with the Assault Company. Since Flesh Tearers are a BA successor the rules are more or less the same. I considered giving Rage to Assault Company but decided against it. Fleet however should help getting them into combat faster, and they'd benefit from +1I from the detachment as a whole.

Archived