Blackshields - Orphans & Monsters 2.5k

Hey all, I want to try out a Blackshields force and see if I like the Horus Heresy style games. I have put together a quick list with things I like. Most of my gaming experience comes from 40k so advice is welcome!

Primary detachment: Legiones Astartes Blackshields (Orphans of War) - 1895 Points

HQ

Reaver Lord

• Artificer Armour, Iron Halo, Cyber Familiar, Digital Lasers, Halo Blade, Rad Grenade

Elites

Legion Veteran Squad

• 10 Strong, Sniper usr, 2 Missile Launcher (Suspensor Webs & Flakk)

Legion Veteran Squad

Legion Veteran Squad

Troops

Marauder Squad

• 10 Strong, Chainaxes, Shotguns, Plasma Gun, Marauder Chief with Power Fist, Rhino

Marauder Squad

• 10 Strong, Chainaxes, Shotguns, Plasma Gun, Marauder Chief with Power Fist, Rhino

Heavy Support

Sicaran Battle Tank

• Lasscannon Sponsons

Sicaran Battle Tank

• Lasscannon Sponsons

Allied detachment: Legiones Astartes Blackshields (Chymeriae, +1S/+1T/-1I) - 600 Points

HQ

Primus Medicae

• Artificer Armour, Double Lightning Claws, Jump Packs

Legion Assault Squad

• 20 Strong, 4 Power Axes, Sergeant with Artificer Armour and Power Axe

The Reaver Lord joins one of the Veteran Squads and the Primus Medicae joins the Assault Squad. I think the army ticks most of the boxes, maybe it lacks a bit of punch against Super Heavies.

Loads of 3+ bodies.

I'd drop some bodies for something more resilient, maybe drop a veteran squad and 5 assault marines. You can probably do without Flakk missiles depending on meta. Throw in some more tanks - a Predator or Contemptor talon for fire support.

Otherwise it looks good fun :D I'd just be scared of all the AP3+ templates that get thrown around.

^ I was gonna say this too.

Also, Primus Medicae is a Support Officer, so he can't be the compulsory HQ choice for the Allied Detachment.

Finally, in 30k you can't ally with yourself. 2 diiferent Legions can ally, despite both being "Legiones Astartes", but in this case both Primary Detachment and Allied Detachment are "Legiones Astartes: Blackshields", so you'll have to reconsider the list...

Good suggestions and thanks for pointing out the illegal selections guys smile.png

So I drop the Allied detachment and take a Fellblade? cool.png

Lords of War - 605 Points

Legion Fellblade

• Laser Destroyer Sponsons, Armoured Ceramite, Space Marine Crew, Hull-Mounted Heavy Flamer, Pintle Mounted Havoc Launcher, Command Tank

This puts the entire army to 2,500 and gives me something very durable and scary in terms of firepower. Orphans & a very large Monster then.

Archived