Black Templar Keep - WIP

sibomots

When I saw the pictures of the Black Templar Keep in the BT::Codex (which is no longer relevant exactly given the current rules), I was inspired to build my own.  I am planning to build the whole layout -- the keep, rock wall fortress, front-"lawn", etc..   I have the table built (5' x 10') and have started the Keep first.

Below are links (a link) to the channel where I will post all the videos of construction.  My Micro-SD card has several dozen video clips,  but I wanted to share just one clip of the Work In Progress.  More clips will be added as soon as I can video-edit them into something coherent.

[EDIT: I screwed up and left the radio on while recording.  So YouTube sent one of those nice letters.  Reposting w/o music]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkkUT4D2Bdebmd6oGT7-_g

The video posted (so far) is in the MIDDLE of the process.  I'll be sure to book-end the process with the preparation and continue to document carefully with the camera.

I'm in the process of finishing the structure just prior to priming the surface.  I haven't had time yet to do voice-over comments in the video - but I will make sure to do that when I edit the rest of the dozens of clips.

I'll also make sure to post some rough measurement guidelines so that someone else can adapt the design to their own wish.

Materials are simple:  1/4" plywood sheet, 1x2 pine, 1" wood screws, wood-glue

Tools used are:

** Table-saw

** Band-saw

Jig-saw

** 23 gauge "pinner"

** Drill press

Hand drill

Files, sandpaper

Wood glue

Assorted drills and counter-sink bits

But... you don't need (**) all that.  You can replicate this with the most basic set of tools:

Jig-saw, drill, files and sand-paper.

The rest of what you need will become self evident (clamps, screws, glue, etc..)

I'm still working on the video production phase. I need to catch up and post the videos that bring the work-in-progress state current to the inventory of video clips.

As I go through this process, I'm having to learn a few things about documenting in the video (voice overs) and so on.  So bear with me.

And, more importantly I'm starting to see that the videos are looking more like tutorials than true WIP documentation.  I apologize in advance if that is out of step with the intent of the forum.  While I will present my WIP for the community to comment on, of course I also would appreciate any feedback on whether these are turning into more tutorial-ish than WIP-ish.

I got a couple of videos almost ready to post (just need to add voice over), and then I think I'll be caught up with the current status.

I'm mostly a wood-worker / machinst type who makes models rather than a pure model maker who is banging out techniques for making things.

Thank you for the support and comments you have.  Much appreciated.

Some progress on the Black Templar Keep. Videos will be uploaded to YouTube  Channel by Thursday (the regular day I upload)

Just wanted to convey progress so far on the Keep:

The doors/windows just behind the balcony

http://sibomots.com/doors.png

Whole keep:  Windows and trim are coming next:

http://sibomots.com/k2.png

Archived