Sabadin's Backlog Bonanza! Feb 11

Sabadin

​Very nice! The NMM is stunning. Really makes the colors pop. I really like the depth that the you have with the blues. It's amazing to see the difference between those old models and your new ones and give a lot of inspiration to new painters!

Edited by Mastermind_015

Looks really good, but I'd suggest on working on the transitions between highlights as you can really notice the gradient in the pictures; I actually thought it was lightning one the PA guys at first.

Thanks for the feedback,

That's entirely the point of this project actually, my first time working with wet blends. Even on Kurze you can see the transitions softening as I progress through the different areas. I learned a lot on the PA unit, just wish I had time to learn more on them before ETL started.

Got an hour in today though, blue on the torso is done until I finish the other colours to see the final results.

gallery_48561_11918_588713.jpg

gallery_48561_11918_223201.jpg

​Very nice! The NMM is stunning. Really makes the colors pop. I really like the depth that the you have with the blues. It's amazing to see the difference between those old models and your new ones and give a lot of inspiration to new painters!

That's the one thing I want most from the log, I've gotten quite a few responses of "I wish I could do that ", and I think it's probably the most common comment I see in all the other project logs here. I want to show all the budding new painters that almost all of us did not start at this level, it took practice and patience.

A wet palette helps considerably for wet blending.

My other piece of constructive criticism is light theory. Any form of light based highlights instead of line highlights needs a consistent direction light is coming from, which means a lot of things you highlighted, wouldnt actually be highlighted because there would be no light to reflect off of it 

• 2 weeks later...

Kind of similar to what I said about Curze is that your light theory is a bit off.  You have a lot of it coming from above, yet his chestplate seems really off compared to the rest. That being said your transitions are certainly getting better 

... yet his chestplate seems really off compared to the rest...

Yup, envisioned that turning out very differently in my minds eye, looking back at it after a few hours it looks super out of place. Will be scratching that and starting over.