Frag cannon for devastators?

Bigddiesel

My friend just posted a photo from White Dwarf, page 7, with "Rodricus Grytt-Devastator"  with a FRAG cannon?!  Could it be possible that the Frag cannon could be coming to our beloved Blood Angels soon troops and  devastators soon?   If so,  shut up and take my money!

In my dreams, in Christmas 2014, when the Blood Angels new Terminators Squad was rumored, i imagined that we would have the same treatments as the Dark Angels Terminators Squad. With a Frag Cannon for Terminators, like the Plasma Cannon the Dark Angels squad can choose.

But, instead of a Well Made terminators squad, like to one the Dark Angels have, we got a crappy Assault Terminator Squad, with....attention....2 Weapons options (TH+SS or 2X LC). The whole being a tasteless copy/paste of the Space Hulk box miniatures. The final blow, was of course, the fact that this shamefull Blood Angels Terminators squad is at the same price as the Well Made Dark Angels one.....

But, i still dream of a Blood Angels terminator squad with Frag Cannon....

Frag pistols would ruin hand flamers I think and step on thier toes too much, especially if it had rending.

Cannon is the only size we need, 4 in a Devastators pod. Perfection. Now that's a BA unit.

Keep your sodding Grav cannons codex chapters!

If you had to choose:

BA Devastators get Grav Cannons in a new Codex. No sign of the Frag Cannon.

or

BA Devastators get Frag Cannons but no option to choose Grav Cannon.

Frag cannons.

Frag Cannon. It better fit the Blood Angels Spirit, for it bleed the target. Grav Cannon make more sense in Imperial Fist or Iron Hands ranks.

The grav cannon is a boring, no brainer choice, that, while incredibly potent - cheapens the game I feel.

Sure we probably need it to deal with Wraith Knights and the like but that's what Vanguard veterans with Shields and thunder hammers (and ironically grav pistols) are for!

The Frag cannon is a (formally) unique weapon that fits the BAs in your face style. Give it to our Devs so they can pod down and support the front line.

I've also got a minor (... Okay mjaor) love for the flamer template so it's easy.

If you had to choose:

BA Devastators get Grav Cannons in a new Codex. No sign of the Frag Cannon.

or

BA Devastators get Frag Cannons but no option to choose Grav Cannon.

Frag cannons.

Frag Cannon. It better fit the Blood Angels Spirit, for it bleed the target. Grav Cannon make more sense in Imperial Fist or Iron Hands ranks.

Blood Angels will get the Grav Cannon. But i would like to also see both Frag Cannons and Assault Cannons for their Devs :) .... but well ....

No rules for things without models?

Because they won't release a new Dev box for us? :P

We don't need it... What we really need is year another chaplain... Oh wait...

Seriously though, Frag Canon Devastators and a Blood Angel specific Sky Hammer formation would have me on the first train to Nottingham to kiss every member of the development team.

Seriously though, Frag Canon Devastators and a Blood Angel specific Sky Hammer formation would have me on the first train to Nottingham to kiss every member of the development team.

Don't make threats like that. We want them to actually do it, and you're trying to scare them off!

Our devs definitely need some changes. I have a squad that I painted during 3rd edition that has seen action but a handful of times. Frag cannons for devs would be amazing and totally fit the theme of BA being able to strike rapidly with mobility and precision. Or even heavy flamers, heck, both!

SM devs in general could use some modifications for mobility. Multimeltas being assault or heavy bolters being salvo for instance. Would need some points tweaking, but no one ever takes either for devs anymore, so a change is in order.

Podding down some devs and opening up right off the bat would be freaking awesome and thematically on point. Makes them compete with our tanks for a change.

Archived