Blood Angel Aircraft

Phiasco

So, obviously Blood Angels love controlling the skies. It's the domain of their beloved primarch after all. Jump packs, landspeeders, Stormravens, Fireraptors, Stormeagles, thunderhawks, and even stormbirds. What is conspicuous by its absence on that list? The stormtalon. I simply do not understand why blood angels don't have access to this vehicle. Instead of just crying about its absence, lets have some fun. What do you think would be a good/fluffy blood angel variant stormtalon? Something the Ballite artificers lovingly crafted to suit their skyward tendencies. 

For myself, I'd think perhaps access to frag weaponry ala the frag cannon. Perhaps advanced location beacons or somesuch army synergy-zing such.

What do you think? 

I love the look of stormtalons and I wish my BA could take them, however I would like them more for ranged armor destruction, but if they were to have some kind of flamer to template weapon it would need to have torrent for me to take it on a flyer. Speaking of torrent it would be nice if the Baal pred had it for its flamestorm cannon....

Twin linked multi melta would be ok though on a stormtalon

I have 3 ravens but no Talons. Im tending to proxy just two ravens as Talons with some Kind of rockets and an TL assaultcannon. Just gonna declare wich ones are the Talons (with some marks) and go. Will work against friends just not sure i can bring them to a turney. On the other Hand some people bring Terminator Hunter Killer AS raven proxys so that should not be a big deal.

Nothing stopping you from bringing a storm wing formation and just painting them all as BA

I'm actually planning on getting 2 talons to use this formation with my raven, it's very fluffy for BA to use, the rules are quite nice and it's perfectly legal to fit in our lists.

Nothing stopping you from bringing a storm wing formation and just painting them all as BA

What an odd attitude, from my perspective. There is no in-universe explanation for the absence of certain units. It is a business decision by GW, for better or worse. I didn't say I was prevented from buying the models.

I wish we had our own flyer for sure. The Raven fit us very well being a medium gunship that can transport jump infantry and a dreadnought, both of which we had in spades when it was introduced.

Then it got distributed to the Grey Knights, okay, fair enough that's fully they're predominantly a precision strike force.

Then for the sake of sales all the other Astartes got them...

I think we'd do well with a two man craft designed to go in and get out again. Perhaps a version of the Storm raven that has bombs/ assault cannons?

Flak bomb launcher anyone? Or perhaps it could be a support vehicle with a rule similar to the 3 raven formation, two in range allow charges from deep strike. That would be wonderful.

Or perhaps make it even more restrictive and it must be a unit shot at by at least two of them in the shooting phase?

I want a Storm Talon-ish flyer with transport capacity 1 and the Assault Vehicle rule, aka. The Mephiston Delivery System.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/biggbodybrougham/Military/Apache%20Pics/Apache3.jpg

I still think that the Blood Angels should get a flying assault centurion. Elites slot (so it competes with our other excellent Elites options - helps to balance it), some kind of rule that lets it make a melee strike against the "side" (ie. top or bottom) armor of flyers as it moves/Deep Strikes in, and giant souped-up lightning claws. As for the model, I'd say imagine an assault centurion but more slender and elegant, with lots of Rennaisance-y scrollwork and decorations, and less armored up - more like a frame enhancing the marine than a full suit of giant power armor that you wear over your power armor.

If I were in charge...

Personally, i think that the FW flying stuff really fit the Blood Angels.

- The Xiphon Pattern Interceptor

- The Fire Raptor Gunship

- The Storm Eagle

- The Thunderhawk

- and even the incoming Stormbird (Yes, i too think that 40k Blood Angels and some successors still possess the STC and material to make at least one per millenia^^.)

Those Air Craft really fit the gap of air supremacy.

-----------------------------------------------

But, i'm more concerned about the Land Speeders.

- We clearly lack the Land Speeder Storm, whose coming would be welcome and logical.

- A New Blood Angels Land Speeder pattern that would transport 5 Astartes ? A Land Speeder with Magna Melta like the Plasma Cannon of the Dark Angels One ? A Blood Angels Command Speeder ?.....The Dark Angels got theirs, but of all the Astartes, i think the Blood Angels have to smile at the food that fall of the table....even our recent Chaplain (And surprisingly well made) got a shrouded/discret release.....that say a lot about how GW considers the Blood Angels faction.....

Taking it a step in a different direction. Maybe we could be the first loyalists to get 40k Dreadclaws?

Blasts stuff with heat, assault vehicle? Suits us.

Plus the Kharybdis could also help, but judging by art that's going to be in the next Imperial Armour, hopefully available to us and not just the sodding red scorpions and codex chapters.

I still think that the Blood Angels should get a flying assault centurion. Elites slot (so it competes with our other excellent Elites options - helps to balance it), some kind of rule that lets it make a melee strike against the "side" (ie. top or bottom) armor of flyers as it moves/Deep Strikes in, and giant souped-up lightning claws. As for the model, I'd say imagine an assault centurion but more slender and elegant, with lots of Rennaisance-y scrollwork and decorations, and less armored up - more like a frame enhancing the marine than a full suit of giant power armor that you wear over your power armor.

If I were in charge...

Did somebody say flying centurion 0_O

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2014/8/4/635553_md-Flying%20Centurion.png

If I were in charge...

Did somebody say flying centurion 0_O

Yeah. Just like that, only cooler.

Taking it a step in a different direction. Maybe we could be the first loyalists to get 40k Dreadclaws?

Blasts stuff with heat, assault vehicle? Suits us.

Plus the Kharybdis could also help, but judging by art that's going to be in the next Imperial Armour, hopefully available to us and not just the sodding red scorpions and codex chapters.

While the dreadclaw and Kharybdis fit tactically, I think they lack a certain elegance usually associated with Blood Angels. They would be perfect for Flesh Tearers though.

I also think the Stormtalon would be a natural choice for the Blood Angels. Especially since other codex chapters get them.

That said, I'm not so sure lots of air force would really fit the rules set forth with the dissolution of the Legions.

Archived