Talisman: the Horus Heracy

DarkAngeal

Games Workshop released a new Horus Heracy themed version of Talisman, in which you play as Primarchs during the Heracy. Getting to the center of the board allows you either to face the God Emperor of Mankind or Horus, depending on if you are loyal or traitorous.

I was super excited about this game when I saw it, being a long time Talisman fan. But to my dismay, when I scrolled through all of the playable characters, the Lion was not there. Instead you can only play Dark Angels as a "Praetor", a generic character that can be played as any legion. Also, in typical games workshop laziness and oversight, the first legion's Praetor is coloured green and bone,rather than the Black and White of that era.

What do the rest of the Unforgiven think of these facts? Do you feel that the first legion just took the shafts as per usual?

Not a shaft per se - but rather that we have been plainly ignored as usual ;-) However, that said, the Dark Angels have so far not really had much impact on the Horus Heresy, and spend most of the time in the background, duelling time and time again with the Nighthaunter and evidently also Calas Typhon of the Death Guard.

Besides that - our role is really minor compared to the Blood Angels, Imperial Fists etc...

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

Not surprised about the Lion. I'd put it down to almost zero official art for him being available. In all the shots I have seen, the Primarchs in Talisman are based on their FW/BL representations.

As for bone and green. Not particularly surprised again. They still haven't given any definitive answers about when the green became standard. At the moment you could claim that he is just from a Calibanite chapter that has been given unique schemes.

A little optimistic? Yes. But not beyond the realms of possiblity.

Also GW itself didn't make the game (as far as I know) so can't blame them for any of the decision making. They should have said something though, you would think.

I wouldreally love to agree with you, but Konrad Curze is given a character in the game despite his contributions largely being limited to delaying the Lion

Not a shaft per se - but rather that we have been plainly ignored as usual ;-) However, that said, the Dark Angels have so far not really had much impact on the Horus Heresy, and spend most of the time in the background, duelling time and time again with the Nighthaunter and evidently also Calas Typhon of the Death Guard.

Besides that - our role is really minor compared to the Blood Angels, Imperial Fists etc...

Regards,

Master Ciaphas

I wouldreally love to agree with you, but Konrad Curze is given a character in the game despite his contributions largely being limited to delaying the Lion

Well - yeah - but the Night Haunter was at least present during the drop site incident and prevented Corvus Corax from tearing Lorgar a new one...at the point in time, the Lion was still doing...something very, very secret, somewhere...ssshhh  :-)

Well - yeah - but the Night Haunter was at least present during the drop site incident and prevented Corvus Corax from tearing Lorgar a new one...at the point in time, the Lion was still doing...something very, very secret, somewhere...ssshhh  :-)

And will presumably be there on Terra.

LOL @ the sons of the Lion being ignored. You guys really need to consider some of the other Factions in 40K. The Dark Angels Legion may not have a Primarch in a single non-GW board game, but look at whether the Lion has come out for the HH series yet... Maybe they were specifically told No or not given anything to work with.

It's pretty silly to feel shafted "again" over anything from GW. Right now, the Dark Angels/Unforgiven have it pretty good overall.

I own this game; it's kind of boring to be honest, but I haven't given it much time yet.  As for the Dark Angels - don't you worry one little bit; you can bet your last bolter that Lion, Corswain, Cypher and Luther will eventually make an appearance.  These guys thrive on DLC; they even had day 1 DLC (Sevatar and Numeon - Khârn and Sigismund are also available now too).  About $4.50CAD each; I have no doubt they will milk this for a long time to come. 

Archived