Vanguard Veterans in DA

jbaeza94

Hey guys, so I recently got a really sweet deal on shadow force solaq box set that I simply could not pass up (price of the 2 vets purchased separately!). I plan on using the sternguard vets as company vets, the captain as an alternate captain, or maybe the company champion, land speeder for land speeder things, but I can't find a suitable spot for the vanguard vets. I already have 10 assault marines, and I'm not in a dire need of cc weapons. Where would you guys try to incorporate these guys?

Paint up a couple of Sergeants for your assault squads with different weapon options if you don't like to magnetise. The extra bling on the Vanguard Vets would make them stand out.

Dark Angels don't like laurels and flashy honors.

There are still several things you can do with them.

• Look for assault formations if there are any non-DA forces
  • Convert them to veterans and mix and match with DA bits
  • Convert them to the legion of the damned formation
  • Convert them to a librarius conclave

Librarius Cónclave sounds interesting. What's the model count for That?

I also like the idea for sgts. I think I'd add normal packs for dynamically posed sgts in my army

Ezekial and 1 - 4 librarians.

Unfortunately we aren't broken like the ultramarines who have the option of 1 - 5 librarians, of which may be tigerius :/

I think zeke+2 would be nice. Maybe I could find some grey knight backs for the psychic hood. Combine these guys with angelus boltes from the BA and I think they'll be some unique looking characters

I've used Ezekial + 3 vs Grey Knights and gave him a run for his money in the psychic phase. I'd rather take 5 librarians on bikes in my Ravenwing army, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

On the subject of the conclave, I play mostly greenwing, but at what point limit do you think they're excellent?

It really depends. Tau are impotent against them, so a few of them in a 1000 point game can be effective. Against things like seer councils, they give you the boost to dispel rolls that you really need and tend to match well in points. 

Typically though, I wouldn't even think about taking a full 5 in anything less than 1500 points. Rank 2 librarians add up in points very fast. Typically, 2500 points is needed to really take advantage of that many librarians. You want around 500 points of models for each one to support (especially for divination). 

It depends on your opponent and the type of lists he fetches

The Snap Fire Power & Mind wipe work better against targets that Have a lot of points sunk into them my friend who plays Necrons has so far failed to dispel anything aimed from multiple games and has seen his Wraith Star continuously having to hit on 5's and second even though they have whip coils also force against Necrons is equally bad news.

Another match up saw an Imperial knight unable to use its Battle Cannon for the entire game

We see more formations with Vehicles & multiple MC's where the snap fire power is simply game changing and mind worm is an MC's worst Nightmare

Archived