World Eaters Crimson Path 2500pts

Guiltysparc

I've modified my double leviathan orbital assualt list using the new rite of war that WE got.

With Surlak and the RoW, Khârn gains IWND and that whole unit has 4+ FnP.  The only thing i am unsure about is my tactical squad load outs.  I'm not sure if i should keep their bolters or use rhinos since they aren't super great for an assault army.  I could make the squads each a little bigger and foot slog them, but te rhinos will work better if their primary purpose is scoring.

2500pts

- HQ/Retinue - 

Khârn, Gorechild - 190pts 

Gahlan Surlak - 110pts

8x Veterans all but 1 with power weapons and the sargent has artificer/thunder hammer, vexilla, furious charge or maybe fearless and drop the vexilla for the last power weapon - 375pts

Dreadclaw - 100pts

- Troops/Scoring - 

3x Tactical squads, exchange bolters for CCW, vexillas in 2 of the squads, sargents with artificer armor/power fists, rhino - 720pts

- Anti Armor Support - 

Leviathan with Melta/Drill, armored ceramite in drop pod - 380pts (assuming the melta lance and grav bombard cost the same)

2x Javelin Speeders with multi-meltas and HKs - 190pts

- Anti Infantry Support - 

Leviathan with Grav/Claw/Phosphex/Volkite Nipples, armored ceramite in drop pod - 400pts

- General Fire Support - 

Fire Raptor with autocannons - 210pts 

Posted · Hidden by Slips, February 29, 2016 - We're not going over this again
Hidden by Slips, February 29, 2016 - We're not going over this again

If you're playing WE, which you are, you can take FREE chainaxes instead of buying/trading fro CCWs. That lets you be both shooty and choppy. Thought that might help.

Posted · Hidden by Slips, February 29, 2016 - We're not going over this again
Hidden by Slips, February 29, 2016 - We're not going over this again

You don't get free chainaxes. You can upgrade Chainswords, so need to buy an additional CCW then upgrade it.

The rule is you exchange, not get. It's still 100% worth getting chainaxes tho.

^ This is very easily debatable.

"The Last of the Serrated Sun" for the Word Bearers specifically allows Drop Pods for Gal Vorbak, but also states "no Immobile units", leading most of us to believe that FW do not consider Drop Pods and Dreadnought Drop Pods to be Immobile.

^ This is very easily debatable.

"The Last of the Serrated Sun" for the Word Bearers specifically allows Drop Pods for Gal Vorbak, but also states "no Immobile units", leading most of us to believe that FW do not consider Drop Pods and Dreadnought Drop Pods to be Immobile.

Whereas I think it is simply an Opps! for the WB RoW. Definitely would want to run it by your opponent, since Drop Pods and Dread Pods have "Immobile" in their rules. RAW, that means a no-go for this RoW. 

Has anyone emailed FW about this yet?

Yes, I have wondered about that myself. The comments in the eaters tactica thread seemed to agree that pods would be ok. It seems like fortifications, sentry guns, and the like are what they are trying to exclude.

With that said, this list started as an orbital assault list, so I could replace the rhinos with pods and run that row or perhaps berserker assault even.

I find orbital assault very limiting for heavy firepower and have been playing with the idea of running one large tac squad in a Spartan with Angron and then a couple of small tac squads in anvilus to make up the 5 pods ( the main 3 for me it's 2 x butcher squads and Levi for the first wave). Sure you pay more for the anvilus than standard however it gives me that spare heavy slot for a venator and elite slot for rappiers if I wish and I can run an row. Not only that, the anvilus is more versatile and allows me to stay in the pods if I wish

Yes, I have wondered about that myself. The comments in the eaters tactica thread seemed to agree that pods would be ok. It seems like fortifications, sentry guns, and the like are what they are trying to exclude.

With that said, this list started as an orbital assault list, so I could replace the rhinos with pods and run that row or perhaps berserker assault even.

That is the thing - I agree for RAI purposes. RAW, though... DPs and DDPs say "Immobile". I am going to email FW and ask, so they maybe will include it in an FAQ in the future.

When everyone takes ceremite I don't really see speeders as good fire power. The leviathan melta is at least a higher strength hiwever never been sold on the fire raptor I think purely because of the fact it relies on a reserve roll to come in

When everyone takes ceremite I don't really see speeders as good fire power. The leviathan melta is at least a higher strength hiwever never been sold on the fire raptor I think purely because of the fact it relies on a reserve roll to come in

The javelins can deep strike or outflank to get rear armor shots on armored ceramite units.  With melta, HKs, and CML, thats 5 S8 shots aimed at rear/side armor.  But really, they are in the list for medium armor units.  The lance/drill levi is there for the heavy armor.

IF you've not read my post in the NL Thread about the Melta Lance & Drill Leviathan in a Pod vs a Knight, it should show you how potent the weapons might be :P

Granted, its mostly theorycrafting. In practice it will play out differently: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281652-night-lords-tactics/?p=4315782

IF you've not read my post in the NL Thread about the Melta Lance & Drill Leviathan in a Pod vs a Knight, it should show you how potent the weapons might be tongue.png

Granted, its mostly theorycrafting. In practice it will play out differently: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281652-night-lords-tactics/?p=4315782

In fact i had read that post while working on this dual levi themed list. biggrin.png

My feelings on the issue of whether Drop pods are allowed or not in a Crimson Path list is that unless a special exception for Drop Pods and Dreadnaught Drop Pods is listed within the rules of the RoW (as it is for the Last of the Serrated Sun RoW) then they are Immobile units and cannot be taken. It does appear though that Forge World makes this mistake quite frequently when I scan through the other Rites of War.

Archived