The Red Tide

Paikis

Has anyone tried this? For an 1850pt game you could quite easily have almost 100 bodies with transports on the board. You might not win by tabling your opponent, but the idea is to just have so many bodies that they can't easily table you, and you just win on objectives.

If I was going to do this, I'd probably go double CAD with a single Sang Priest as my HQs and then a bunch of scouts and/or tacticals with rhinos, ASM squads with jump packs and devastators with missile launchers. Max out all the squads. Maybe have one or two decent sized DC or terminator squads to try to kill some things.

It would be "fun" to have that many things to paint.

Also, why does no one ever give their Sang Priests powerfists? It's always nothing or Valour's Edge.

If I was going to do this, I'd probably go double CAD with a single Sang Priest as my HQs and then a bunch of scouts and/or tacticals with rhinos, ASM squads with jump packs and devastators with missile launchers. Max out all the squads. Maybe have one or two decent sized DC or terminator squads to try to kill some things.

A Sanguinary Priest, six 10 man Tactical Squads in Rhinos, a 10 man Devastator Squad (with MLs) and a 10 man Assault Marine Squad is 1540 pts already. How do you fit another CAD into 1850 pts?

Also, why does no one ever give their Sang Priests powerfists? It's always nothing or Valour's Edge.

Because Valour's Edge is cheaper than a power fist and AP2 at I4 (or 5 with the BSF) is often more valuable than S8. No upgrades means the priest can hang back to void combat and thus stay alive longer to provide his benefits.

A Sanguinary Priest, six 10 man Tactical Squads in Rhinos, a 10 man Devastator Squad (with MLs) and a 10 man Assault Marine Squad is 1540 pts already. How do you fit another CAD into 1850 pts?

Because Valour's Edge is cheaper than a power fist and AP2 at I4 (or 5 with the BSF) is often more valuable than S8. No upgrades means the priest can hang back to void combat and thus stay alive longer to provide his benefits.

Well, double CAD could be used to do MSU, but yeah you could probably use up 1850pts with a single CAD. I didn't actually sit down and set it out. Its more of a thought experiment and to see if anyone had done it yet. Someone was talking about how the strength of marines is in theire resilience, so I figured this might be a good way to capitalise on that.

Well, double CAD could be used to do MSU, .

Combat squads?

If you want to go scoring, go CAD, but try FTSF detachments.

For 1875 pts you can get:

3* Priest,

3*5 scouts

18*5 assault marines, free rhino.

That's over 100 bodies plus 18 free rhinos over 3 flesh tearer strike forces, anf under 2000pts, assuming I'm remembering 1troop, 1fast attack minimum.

Archived