1000pts Chogorian Brotherhood

daismith906

Hi All

Looking to start off a small White Scars army using the ROW from the new book

Im trying to be fluffy all riding jetbikes and would be able to use this as a base to add more units over time

I know there not much i can do with 1000pts but any C&C would be appreciated

Cheers

Dai

1000pts White Scars

HQ

Legion Praetor, Jetbike, Iron Halo, Paragon Blade, Master Crafted, Digital Lasers, Melta Bombs = 230pts

Legion Command Squad, x3 Jetbikess, x3 Combat Shields, x3 Charnabal Sabre = 235pts

HQ Total = 465pts

Troops

Legion Sky Hunter, x2 Additional Marines, Sgt, x5 Melta Bombs, x1 Volkite, x1 Power Sword = 265pts

Legion Sky Hunter, x2 Additional Marine, Sgt, x5 Melta Bombs, x1 Volkite, x1 Power Glaive =  270pts

Troops Total = 535pts

Main Total = 1000pts

Ooh, I disagree. Power glaives make them worth it! Definitely give your first Sergeant one. I'd also make them 6 strong, so you can grab an extra Volkite culverin on each squad.

For me, it's the Command Squad that needs to be swapped for something else at this points level. You could even go for a Legion Delegatus instead of a Praetor, saving you a lot of points.

Maybe some Landspeeders or Javelins would be a good choice to pair up with the Jetbikes?

cheers all made a few tweaks

HQ

Legion Centurion, Delegatus, Jetbike, Refractor Field, Power Glaive, Melta Bombs  = 140pts

HQ Total = 140pts

Troops

Legion Sky Hunter, x3 Additional Marines, Sgt, x6 Melta Bombs, x2 Volkite Culverin, x1 Power Glaive = 320pts

Legion Sky Hunter, x3 Additional Marines, Sgt, x6 Melta Bombs, x2 Volkite Culverin, x1 Power Glaive = 320pts

Troops Total = 640pts

Fast Attack

Xiphon Interceptor, Chaff Launcher, Armoured Cockpit = 215pts

Fast Attack Total = 215pts

Main Total = 995pts

The jetbikes are the perfect build. People will tell you not to take the Glaive or the Sarg for that matter as its too many points. I dont disagree on the too many points but when your troops are 2 6man jetbike units the extra leadership is needed and you will rely on hit and run to avoid being shot so the glaive will get its points back.

I think the Xiphon is a bad choice at a 1000 points though. Its a great flyer but the problem is the first time you see a Deredo that thing is going to fall out of the sky. Personally I would use Land Speeder Javelins. For 170 points (going off memory) you could get 2 Javelins with cycline missile launchers and 2 hunter killers each. Outflank turn 2 on a 2+ as a WS and have 8 missiles into the side of rear of the vehicle of your choice.

This all leaves you with 50 points left over to play with.

This is my humble opinion so far based off 7 games since our new rules have dropped.

The jetbikes are the perfect build. People will tell you not to take the Glaive or the Sarg for that matter as its too many points. I dont disagree on the too many points but when your troops are 2 6man jetbike units the extra leadership is needed and you will rely on hit and run to avoid being shot so the glaive will get its points back.

I think the Xiphon is a bad choice at a 1000 points though. Its a great flyer but the problem is the first time you see a Deredo that thing is going to fall out of the sky. Personally I would use Land Speeder Javelins. For 170 points (going off memory) you could get 2 Javelins with cycline missile launchers and 2 hunter killers each. Outflank turn 2 on a 2+ as a WS and have 8 missiles into the side of rear of the vehicle of your choice.

This is my humble opinion so far based off 7 games since our new rules have dropped.

Iron Without, have you found the missile launchers to be preferable to the Lascannons? 

also do u take Multi-meltas as well?

:)

Iron Without, have you found the missile launchers to be preferable to the Lascannons?

also do u take Multi-meltas as well?

:)

The reason i'm not a fan of the Lascannon is because its a single twin linked lascannon. 1 twin linked s9 shot as opposed to 2 twin linked s8 shots or blasts. It's more flexible and has a high potential damage output.

I have never bothered with the multi melta for 2 reasons.

1. I always try and stay at maximum range to avoid as much return fire as possible.

2. I hate melta in 30k. We have 16 30k players in our gaming group and no one leaves home without armoured ceramite.

Honestly though take what you want and enjoy trying to make it work. Very few things are truly crap in 30k. For example without fail i always run 2 Lightnings with 4 Kraken missiles each. Sometimes they are pointless and when not they die to Deredos

Would love to see, how they fare in battle. Post away, brother!

Love the list, might be the perfect list for my own WS project. I also prefer the javelin with missle pods, just because I think it looks way cooler ;)

Archived