Sons of the Sigillite (Iron Warriors) and Mechanicum WIP

Crablezworth

Praise from alpharius himself :smile.:

More wip shtuff. Starting off I converted up a model for the nemean reaver. I believe his ccw is supposed to be a sword but I just prefer the look of the two handed axe. The fluff said he had a hood so I gave him one. He's got a pistol holstered and as well as his paragon bolter on his back. I added an inquisition symbol to his left shoulder. If you haven't checked out the rule for the nemean reaver, they're in books 6. Tylos rubio looks really interesting too. 

Also built narik dreygur and changed the chainfist arm on my erasmus golg model. 

Made a new praetor in cataphractii rockin a powerfist and paragon blade. Also built a unit of cataphractii terminators. 4 chain fists, 1 power fist and I converted up a plasma blaster using some necron bits. I also built all of them without part of the shoulder pads to lower them a bit. I prefer the look. 

I loved this model from the moment I set eyes on it. Decided I wanted one as my master of signal. I've modified his telescope slightly adding a servo skull.

Modified the new techpriest model, added a magnet hard point to his backpack that can attach a servo arm or other weapons. Going to use him as a techmarine likely. I love how his pose mirrors the nemean reaver's. 

Last but certainly not least. The piece de resistance, my count as thanatar siege automata. It's basically a combat servitor built off a tyranid. Armoured up the thorax and installed robotic limbs. On it's back I've magged up the plasma mortar. An00bis was kind enough to give me that awesome plasma explosion thing you're seeing. I've magnetized it for games so I can remember if I've fired it yet by marking it with the plasma, The twin-linked mauler bolt cannon is made from iradiation engine from the myrmidon destructors. It's very close in height in to the thanatar, just pointing towards the short end of the base. As it's an mc, it doesn't really matter as unlike a vehicle it won't affect fire arcs. I'm pretty stoked on it, now I just have to finish painting it. As well as everything else  :P 

Edited by Crablezworth

As I mentioned before, quite interesting conversions you have there.

What I don`t really understand is, what kind of forces your guys really are.

Are they (proto-) Deathwatch, inquisitorial retinue, Malcador`s private army ?

One thing I observed is that nearly none of them, has a normal uncovered face without some mask of some kind.

Mind if I call them "The Mouthless" ? ;)

for 30k basically malcador's private army, heavily affiliated with mechanicum. Basically a group of blackshields fighting under malcadors sigil. I'll play them using either iron warriors or blackshields legion rules. Sometime allied with mechanicum. 

In 40k they're deathwatch blackshield, basically deathwatch without all the distracting nascar stuff (all the conflicting colours of the parent chapters and their shoulder pads). 

Edited by Crablezworth

Ah ok. :happy.:

Question out of interest: Did they already use the " ][ " in Malcador`s times?

Not really, it started out as malcador's sigil but didn't look the same as it does now. 

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/3/38/Sigillite-icon.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130519113857

Edited by Crablezworth

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
update

So I converted up another navigator. Used the genestealer cult patriarch duder. Workin on scimitar jetbikes at the moment. I've added a combi melta from the old apoc vehicle sprue. Made a second contemptor mortis with twin kheres, wanted it to look a bit different than my other one so I didn't put on the armoured shell on the front, also added a big inquisition symbol from the deathwatch sprue. Next up is a breacher sgt with power axe, mostly deathwatch bits. Also whipped up a dude with one of the new giant ass hammers from dw kill team box. Next up is my new vigilator consul, used the new stalker bolter from dw kit.  Built artemis but swapped out the head for one from the dev centurion box. Looks better. Made two new arms for dreadnought, powerfist with plasma blaster and chainfist with plasma blaster. Same point cost as the contemptor mortis but can really bring it in the plasma department. I finally got my catellax with darkfire cannons and narik dreygur painted. Still need to a do a few touch ups and clean some highlights on them but they're about 90% done. 

• 2 weeks later...
Another update. Picked up a box of the new gw bases. The detail isn't great but they're decent. Built some deathwatch guys with power swords. Converted the fw luft huron into terminator praetor. Made 5 more cataphractii terminators, this time 5 volkite chargers and 5 chain fists. 

HI Crablez, nice builts!

Could you tell me, where the head from the guy in the middle with Hurons Claw comes from?

Sincerely,

Velype

I think it's from the new deathwatch sprue, if not that then the new tactical marine sprue. Pretty sure it's the deathwatch one. 

• 4 weeks later...
Cataphractii termies with chain fists, workin on another contemptor mortis with twin kheres. Gonna try running the corvus blackstar as a caestus assault ram, I added a magna melta to the front. Some random pics of wip stuff. 5 man recon squad, probably a waste of points but we'll see. 10 breachers with 2 graviton guns. Made an alternate sgt with power axe rocking the new deathwatch shield. Hoping to paint my autocannon dudes pretty soon. Various sgts with combi meltas. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...