Sons of the Sigillite (Iron Warriors) and Mechanicum WIP

Crablezworth

• 3 weeks later...
It is done. 

:biggrin.:

So I finally put the finishing touches on my 30k tournament army the "sons of the Sigillite" using Iron warriors legion rules. 

Lead by a warsmith and a chaplain. Warsmith's got a cool cyber buzzard. Chaplain's an old favorite. Cleaned his paint job up a bit. 

The corvus is converted to be used as a caestus assault ram. 

The bulk of the army is made up of prospero mk3 tactical marines. 

I had to cannibalize a few models to give the javelins multi-meltas.  

Managed to get 6 hunter killers that looked reasonable. 

Gave my second vindicator a 30k crewman. 

Got two mortis-contemptors. I left the chest armour off the second one to make it look a bit different since they're both base off the calth contemptor. 

Edited by Crablezworth

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been working on this thing for a couple months. Long story short I wanted to make a larger model for perturabo. One that's closer to the real models actual size. It's based off of ghazzi's body, lotta chopping and gap filling. I wanted it to look like huge terminator armour. The feet are still a bit cartoonishly boxy. The thunderhammer is a mix of the dreadknight's one and the deathatch mega thunderhammer thing. No matter what head I tried to go with, they all looked too small so I went with more of a magos/mechanicus vibe. Tonnes of cables and lenses, the main face is culexus assassin. 

99560102231_Perturabo04.jpg

The calth termintor guy I'll likely run as either a praetor or possible count as erasmud golg. I kept the pads off to use for the perturabo conversion. Make it consistent with my other cataphractii termies. I Added some skulls and gear around the waist. I think the bits on the left are anvil industry. The iron halo I think is the top of warding stave. 

• 1 month later...

Great looking stuff! I never would have thought to use ghazghkull's body for this sort of conversion, very creative! Might have to steal that idea for a future conversion :wink:

Thanks guy :) I was pretty on the fence for most of the build but I'm glad I stuck with it. 

Converted up a new librarian from the prospero box ahriman. Gave him a head from the raptors box I believe. Added some inquisition symbols. Also replaced his base with a different one. I also picked up a box of deathwatch terminators, it comes with 3 deathwatch sprues and somehow costs the same as the normal marine one. I'll take that :)  gave 4 of'm combi-meltas, 1 combi-plasma, 3 got chainfists, 1 normal fist, 2 power swords and a converted count as plasma blaster, the bit is from the mechanicus magos model. I armoured up the sgt a bit, also added a servo skull and inquisition symbol. Last but not least is my new command squad. Basically bare bones 3 man all with fists and combat shields. Gave the banner bearer ahrima's backpack/cape. I wanted a knight vibe so I gave both normal guys the cool gladiator heads from the deathwatch sprue. Banner bearer got a modified grey knight helm. I've also got the bearer standing on the body from ahriman's base.  

Wow that Perturabo is awesome!

I say keep the boxy feet as the nice flat front and sides would be perfect for the stripes!
Having got a lovely result with weathered industrial stripes on a base recently and i think a nice worn scuffed set of stripes on the front or all around the edges of those boxy feet should look great!

• 3 weeks later...
Update

So I've been slowly but surely building out the mechanicum side of things. Just built up a new arch margos prime and some servitors. Really stoked with how he turned out. I wanted him to look very close combat oriented but still have a nice big gun arm and some servo arm lookin thing with a flamer and melta bits attached to work as a machinator array. The gun arm is going to be a photon thruster Used the mechandrites that come wth the myrmidon destructors to fill out the tentacle vibe. The tentacle arm is from the maulerfiend kt. For his head I wanted to add a targeter/infravisor so i cut off one from the head of a necron destroyer.   I had to whip up some servo arms for a couple of the servitors. I did magnets hard points so I can swap out for ranged weapon later on. 

Painting as always is a slow but I'm make some progress as you can see. Gonna likely use the cyber mastifs as cyber oculari. The dude on the dracoth and the dude on the chair are both gonna count as being on abeyants. I'm also about 60-70% done painting my knight. 

• 1 month later...
Made anpther contemptor, this one's rockin a kheres assault cannon  and chainfist with in built plasma blaster. Added some custode bits to make it look a bit more unique. Also tossed on some inquisition symbols from the deathwatch sprue. Added a chaos smoke launcher to round out the top. Also whipped up some sisters of silence, was debating doing the sword but the bolters just look the coolest. Built the rest of my admech dudes, likely gonna use them for 30k. I used 30k plasmaguns for 3 of them in case I run them in 40k. as  Converted up little familiar out of the little dude from the chaos terminator lord box. Went for a mix of cthulu meets googly eyes, really stoked with how it came out. There's also a servo skull rising out of his claok. 

• 2 months later...

Cool creations again! Is that an (undead) vulture on one of the marines? What is he about? :smile.:

Cyber Crow, hes the warsmith's eye in the sky. Basically a gift from the mechanicum. 

o haven't posted since april, plenty of stuff in the works. I can safely say the best thing about 8th has been the objective box. So many cool bits :smile.:

Whipped up a watch master for deathwatch, used the super thunder hammer from the deathwatch box mixed with the custodes spear. Whipped up some frag duders. Also made an "imperial space marine" with a cool combi weapon made out of some admech bits. The objectives steal the show, so much cool. Basically got a vox relay with some scattered munitions around it,  escape pod with dude carrying gene seed ( or with a little imagination some cold ones to enjoy with the boys) command cogitator, with operator (used a knight pilot) and ofcourse the alien bug collection. Who knew woold elves would be a great bits source for 40k? :smile.:

the official names for each one: 

- Orbital Vox Array 

- Lucius Pattern Escape Pod 

- Administratum Cogitator Shrine 

- Xenos Stasis-Crypt 

more objective markers pics 

yet more objective markes :smile.:

Edited by Crablezworth