Iron Warriors 2.5k

helterskelter

After "interview with a chaos Lord" I got myself thinking back to where my hobby began. Iron Warriors.

So to the list building that we all find so fun ^_^

Khyr Valen

Command squad - plus 2 men, 5 combat shields, 3 swords, 2 axes

Rhino

Siege Breaker - combi melta, refractor, artificer, power axe

3x thudd guns - phosphex shells, shatter shells

Tac squad - additional ccw, vexilla, combined Plas, artificer, axe

Rhino

Tac squad - vexilla, combi Plas, artificer, fist

Rhino

Iron havocs - plus 2 men, 7 lascannon, artificer, augury scanner

Rhino

2x vindicator laser destroyers

Leviathan - melta lance, siege drill

Dreadnought drop pod

Heavy support squad - plus 4 men, missile launchers, flak, augury scanner

Rhino.

There's a few spare points knocking around for things and stuff.

Using hammer of olympia RoW, and attempting to make the best of Khyr, iron havocs being the unit of choice for rerolls of 1 (thank you bs5!) So near enough hitting allllll the time.

Siege breaker goes with the HS squad for tank hunter, loverly when shooting at stuff.

Leviathan goes after the scary heavy stuff.

Vindis can shoot whatever they want thanks to book 6 buff (what's that 3 shots each twin linked? Oo matron)

First Tac squad is to make the most of being able to shoot rapid fire, then charge, and assuming subsequent combats have the extra ccw so I can keep hitting after the initial charge.

Thud guns for lols. I don't think there's an armoured vehicle coming out of a match up with this well. Granted not many bodies but there's enough firepower to reduce things an opponent may have.

Cult lists with blobs may be a challenge. But phosphex shells yah? :p

The only big thing I can see is that you need another compulsory troop choice for the Hammer of Olympia rite. Beyond that, I don't know how I feel about the melta lance on the leviathan due to the prevalence of armored ceramite. You already have a good bit of anti-armor, so I would consider going with the graviton imploder to help delete any terminators you run into. The phosphex shells are absolutely savage, especially if you combine them with the Ironfire rite of war. Also, you may want to consider investing in a fortification if you can to fully take advantage of Khyr Valen's abilities.

Archived