[3000] Blackshields

em_en_oh_pee

HQ
Reaver Lord 
Thunder Hammer, Digital Lasers, Cyber Familiar, Rad Grenades, Artificer Armor, Iron Halo 
[225] 

Primus Medicae 
Artificer Armor 
[95] 

Elites: 
Rapier Battery 
Quad Mortar 
[60] 

Rapier Battery 
Quad Mortar 
[60] 

Troops: 
(20) Marauders 
Chainaxes, Bolt Pistols 
4x Power Axes, Power Fist 
[360] 

(20) Marauders 
Chainaxes, Bolt Pistols 
[360] 

(20) Marauders 
Chainaxes, Bolt Pistols 
[360] 

Heavy: 
Deredeo Dreadnought 
Armored Ceramite, Aiolos Missile Launcher 
[240] 

Sicaran Battle Tank 
Lascannons, Armored Ceramite 
[195] 

Spartan Assault Tank 
Armored Ceramite, Flare Shield, Dozer Blade 
[345] 

Lord of War: 
Mastodon 
[700] 

[3000] 

Yup. I got bored, made this (awful) list and figured it would at the least let me run a slew of just outrageous models with lots of character. HQs ride in the Spartan with 20 dudes, while the other 40 roll out in the Mastodon. The Deredeo keeps the skies clear, the Sicaran knocks out pesky skimmers and light armor, while the Quad Mortars toss hate across the table. Chymeriae Option 3 - Fear, Fleet, Rage, and -1 BS, must Sweep - seems best. Fear in 30k is very useful and Rage on BP/CCW marines pouring out of Assault Vehicles?! Yes, please. Target priority might be tricky for my opponent, since the Spartan has the HQ/Med in it and is in a tough-as-nails Spartan. The Mastodon isn't as durable, in theory, but if it takes just some of the heat off having the Spartan, that helps. The Lord sports a 2+/3++ too, which is great and while the TH isn't great since I lose out on his higher initiative, it hits like a ...hammer. 

On a hobbyist/fluff note, I am lost as to how I want to go. But not "reavers" so much as maybe a faction fighting for the truest ideal of the Imperium, meaning they are anti-Horus and anti-Emperor. Or I can go for the whole "embracing role as murderers" aspect and still be anti-Horus and anti-Emperor, but only because they are fulfilling what they were built to do - kill. Both aspects seem fun. I think I am going to look into a lot of the existing decal sheets for nuggets that would work as personal heraldry and stuff. If I go with a light armor color, I may even print my own, if I can. 

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas?

I think the Boromir/ sean Beam meme containing "one does not simply make an HH armylist without quad mortars" would be very appropriate here, as well as many other cases I am sure :D 

Oh, and gotta love the Mastodon. The amount of guns it carries is ridiculous! If you ever decide to do the onslaught you could have 2 of them, or maybe put in a glaive in it as well.

I think the Boromir/ sean Beam meme containing "one does not simply make an HH armylist without quad mortars" would be very appropriate here, as well as many other cases I am sure biggrin.png

Oh, and gotta love the Mastodon. The amount of guns it carries is ridiculous! If you ever decide to do the onslaught you could have 2 of them, or maybe put in a glaive in it as well.

Got to love those Rapiers. I can't imagine running two Mastodons... nor can my wallet. Hell, my wallet can't imagine one!

I love the model, but dont even want to think about how much it will cost once FW releases it for sale. But yeah, thud guns are definitely a must for any HH army imho, and i heard a few dudes also saying it works nicely together with a Scorpius :) 

Archived