How I became unforgiven

BlackTriton

This is the story of how I came in to the hobby, how I chose the Dark Angels as my primary force and just who my chapter is.

At first, I chose the Skitarii as my faction of choice, they have the coolest models and being a new and small codex it seemed a good choice. But me and my friend needed a BRB and following the sellers counsels, we bought a Dark vengeance set.

A few months later as I Looked at the marine, grey and lonely on the shelf, I decided that I needed to do something with them, so I looked up painting scheme. The charcharodon stood out to me, in color if not in lore. Then I bought the DA codex ad started to read about them, and I loved it. To me they are so much more than most other chapter. So I looked a other unforgiven and chose to make my own with a reasonable excuse to ally them with my skitarii main force. So the Disciple of Steel where born, And soon I realised that they had my favor over the skitarii.

I described them as a close ally to the most independent branches of the Adeptus Mechanicus, answering their call in exchange for information and favor for all the unforgiven chapter. This duty to the unforgiven comes at a price though, being mistrust amongst the inner circle, they do not chase the fallen angels, not directly. Instead they will hold the line whilst their brother unforgiven gives the chase. even so, they kept the Dark Angels organisation with the DeathClad first company and the SteelWing second company being DeathWing and RavenWing equivalent. But they also have another quirk, the 3rd Company is named “The Will of Iron” and is organised as a battle company, but composed exclusively of marine with a special link to the spirit of the machine. These Tech/Tactical Marines have a special armor color being half red and half grey, the best of them becoming full fledge Tech-Marine. This company is led by both a company master (member of the innercircle) and the Master TechMarine. For a brother to join the 3rd company, he must prove he possess the will of iron: at any point after he becomes a full fledge brother, one can paint his helmet red, doing so signify one intention of joining the Will of Iron Company and he will no longer be promoted in the usual organisation of the chapter. If it is judge he possess the Will of Iron, he will be made a Thec/Tac Marine.

The DeathClad are colored in very dark green armor and the best of them wear purple cloth.

The Steel wing does not wear a different armor color, but the light material of their “steed” is of a blueish Grey.

Il post pic of the color scheme, as soon as I find how to.

DA001

they look like this. The Belial model is unfinished, The marine in the back are DV models and have suffered lots of reworks to find a color I liked.

DA002

and here we see 2 3rd company special weapon marine (on the left) one is fully magnetized. On the right is the Tac sergeant and a regular marine.  

I tried to make something interesting out of the sergeant, let me know what you think.

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/blacktriton1/20160307_193044_zpsdy5dqfrq.jpgHere some photo's of a special weapon 3rd company marine, in front of a WiP drop pod.

Its my first try at a half and half color scheme.http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/blacktriton1/20160307_192855_zpsl7aktr6t.jpg

Archived