Tips for Facing 2 Super Heavys at 1500 Points

Hi,

I am looking to play a 1500 point game against a Chaos friend of mine. He has a brand new Slaanesh Chaos Knight AND a Kyta Daemon Engine and he wants to field them both (955 points). He will fill the rest with Daemons I guess, but maybe he will surprise me with a few Marines…

I have a Lancer I want to field for the first time and I thought about bringing in a second Knight as well as he does tongue.png

Here is my list:

Skitarii War- Maniple

5 Ranger, 1 Transuranic Arquebus, Refractorfield (WL)

5 Vanguard; 2 Arc Rifles

5 Ruststalkers, Dataspike, Converterfield

5 Infiltrators, Taser, Converterfield

1 Dragoon

1 Neutron Onager, extra Stubber

Oathsworn Detachment

1 Knight Lancer

1 Knight Paladin, Melter

My plan is as follows:

Rangers shall camp objectives and keep my WL alive. TA for fun and maybe do something from a safe distance way back.

Vanguard move up the battlefield behind some knights. The Arc Rifles are the best special weapon for the points they cost anyway. The fact that they are helpful against the Knights is just a very nice bonus. I expect no magic from that small squat, but he can’t field a lot of stuff either, so maybe they are enough to kill the infantry he might bring.

The Ruststalkers with the Haywire Grenades and the Dataspike are my little ace to bring down the Knights. Maybe he is too distracted by my big guys and they make it into CC without much trouble.

My plan with the infiltrators is to get them within 6” to the enemy Knights to lower their Ini. Especially the Kyta is something I am scared of with Ini 5. Maybe they support the lancer against the Kyta (if I charge I’ll strike at Ini 5 and the Kyta at Ini 4), or they will support the Paladin and Ruststalkers to strike before the Slaanesh Knight.

The single Dragoon shall just run around and grab objectives and maybe kill some smaller units he might field.

The Onager is a pretty nice alrounder. I am not worried about flyers since he has only a little more than 500 points left. The Laser is good against nearly everything and with the 2 stubbers he can also mow down bigger blobs of Daemons.

I want the Lancer to face of his Kyta, but I am not sure whether this is working to my favour or not. I also need to make sure that I am the one charging, not the other way around. A little question here: Does concussive work against SHWs?

For the second Knight I was thinking about a Crusader first, but I might need the D and saving points for more units seemed like a good idea as well. An Errant seemed to be the best choice against the front armour 13 Knights, but 1 shot against the invul safe may be more risky than the 2 Battlecanon shots. The Warden has a lot more shots, but can damage the front of a Knight only on 6es… I am not sure which one I want to take...

It is the first time for me to play AGAINST super heavies. So I am not 100% sure whether my ideas are working or not. Since it is a friendly game there is no need to optimise the list to the max, I just wanted to get some feedback and hear your thoughts.

First off, be thankful it's only 2.

Second, realize they wasted almost two-thirds of their points on 2 units.

Third, kill off the third that isn't those 2 models while playing the mission.

And forth, shake your opponents hand after you win.

SJ

Archived