SoH Starting with 1000pts

Bmseifer

Hey, having bought the BaC box and some additional Reavers and Dreadclaws I was thinking the following as a starting force for my SoH:

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Maloghurst the Twisted
····Master of the Legion [Orbital Assault]

+ Troops +

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Sniper]

Reaver Attack Squad [Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod, 2x Power Weapon, 8x Reavers]

+ Elites +

Justaerin Terminator Squad [4x Combi-Weapon, 5x Justaerin Terminators, 2x Power Fist]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [XVI: Sons of Horus]

I was initially wanting to fit 2 Dreadclaws and adding a legion drop pod to the veterans but that would leave me with no models on the table at the start of the game so I think deepstriking the Justaerin and footslogging the veterans might be the way to start with. I will not be facing lots of vehicles since we're all starting out with HH and most started with the BaC box so maybe the odd contemptor will show up.

Next point range will probably be 1500 and for that I will try to fit 3 pods( 2 dreadclaws and 1 regular)

Thoughts?

It's a decent enough start.

To be honest, I don't care much for Veteran tacticals. In my opinion you're better off sticking with regular, cheap tacs.

Would free up some points too

Archived