Cataphractii

Phiasco

So here's the question. I know its all guesswork at this point, but what is the general consensus as to if Blood Angels will get their own 30k terminators? I'm trying to decide if I want to keep the termies that came in BaC and bling them up myself, or sell them and wait for Blood Angel specific ones. Thoughts?

I would honeslty doubt we'll get terminators. Seeing as ours may be covered under the "we get assault cannon" rules. And out elite combat unit will be SG as Jolemai has said.

Just build em and being em up amd use them as regular terminators!

Think I'm right in saying all the legion's that have had a full release so far have had a unique heavy / light unit so I'd say ba probably will get a terminator unit.

Amit who founded the flesh tearers utilised terminator units in the 5th company

You're wrong.

Fists got warders and Templars.

Word bearers got gal vorkbak and the destroyer type unit.

Raven guard got mor drethyn and dark furies.

night lords got raptors and terror squads

The rest have had terminators.

remaining legions to get units:

DA, BA, WS, SW and TS

DA are likely to get a terminator unit and a bike unit IMO

BA are likely to get sanguinary guard (not guarenteed though, and for them to be viable, they'd need to be better than in 40k) and something else, veteran assault squads would make sense as itd be a nod to every codex we had prior to everyone else getting vanguard. But I could see them being similar to the SoH reavers.

WS will probably get a bike or jetbike squad, no idea what else.
SW and TS will probably have a lot more things different than any other legion

By heavy / light I meant their usage.

Gal vorbak are the wb terminator equivalent with t5, 5++ and bulky. Ashen circle being a light power armor unit regardless of jp is all I meant.

Tbh I didn't realise fists didn't have this but unlucky for them.

Ba tactics didn't stop at jp in the heresy and one of our named hq is surly going to be amit so I'm holding out hope for terminators ala 5th company

Where's this thing about amits company using terminators a lot come from? In fear to tread it's never mentioned...

Raven guard have two major elements with stealth and jump packs, which is what their units align with.

Maybe we will get terminators, maybe we won't, but personally I'd like to see them go a different route for BA. Our sanguinary guard should really be our terminator equivalent.

But then I also hope we get raldoron and azkhellon as characters...

But yes I know well probably be force fed amit as forgeworld tend to like BA successors and flesh testers are popular with many

Amit, Raldoron and Azkellion would give us three rather different characters similar to word bearers and some of the other Legions. I'd enjoy that.

Also hoping we don't get terminators. I can't see Sanguinius sitting around with a term bodyguard.

Amit, Raldoron and Azkellion would give us three rather different characters similar to word bearers and some of the other Legions. I'd enjoy that.

Also hoping we don't get terminators. I can't see Sanguinius sitting around with a term bodyguard.

Jump pack infantry bodyguard would be useless in a ship or underground complex. Terminator body guard makes perfect sense for those situations.

I'm not saying we will, or that I want it. I just don't see how our unit will be Sanguinary Guard. Our fluff says their gear hasn't changed and the same armor and weapons are used. It would be redundant.

Yeah, the sanguinary guard have been depicted as the ones to be with sanguinius all the time - this includes guarding him within buildings. I'd expect their rules to get a bit better tbh. Maybe not a lot (obvious thing to do is upgrade the base marines stats whilst keeping the actual gear pretty much the same.

As I said, I'd expect to see something similar to sons of horus Reaver squads, veterans with access to jump packs but different options to regular veterans.

2W, actually making Glaive Encarmine's worth it (maybe just steal the White Scare power glaive rules... but with bonus strength on the ap3 mode?) WS5, Fear and some sort of army buffing rules methinks.

Also a 5++ please while you're at it Alan <3 biggrin.png

Yeah, the sanguinary guard have been depicted as the ones to be with sanguinius all the time - this includes guarding him within buildings. I'd expect their rules to get a bit better tbh. Maybe not a lot (obvious thing to do is upgrade the base marines stats whilst keeping the actual gear pretty much the same.

As I said, I'd expect to see something similar to sons of horus Reaver squads, veterans with access to jump packs but different options to regular veterans.

The Sanguinary Guard have been depicted in books, yes. But it's also possible that they have a wider range of war gear than is depicted as well. If we go by the argument "sanguinary guard terminators have never been depicted, so they won't get them" then we also have to go by, "the Blood Angels only have companies because the only thing depicted in the books are companies." Also, most forge world units showed up before they were in the novels.

There is a case of Sanguinius having Terminator Body Guards, even if it is only in the picture books for the Horus Heresy.

I still don't see HH sanguinary guard in resin unless they do a pretty big retcon to explain why the 40k ones that are stated to have the EXACT same gear now, all of a sudden, are different enough to have new models.

I hope glaives do change. If they were ported over to the 30k environment as they are they would be INCREDIBLY lack luster compared to other Legions special gear.

Like power glaives, Phoenix spears, chain glaives and Scythes.

I think people are missing the obvious here - The Sanguinary guard are called the Sanguinary guard, because their purpose was to act as the guard of Sanguinius.

As to whether this is the elite option that forge world go with, and what rules they are assigned, these things we will have to wait and see. But we can be pretty sure that if we are looking to assign bodyguard duties for the Primarch to anyone, it would be these guys.

The Sanguinary Guard have been depicted in books, yes. But it's also possible that they have a wider range of war gear than is depicted as well. If we go by the argument "sanguinary guard terminators have never been depicted, so they won't get them" then we also have to go by, "the Blood Angels only have companies because the only thing depicted in the books are companies." Also, most forge world units showed up before they were in the novels.

There is a case of Sanguinius having Terminator Body Guards, even if it is only in the picture books for the Horus Heresy.

I still don't see HH sanguinary guard in resin unless they do a pretty big retcon to explain why the 40k ones that are stated to have the EXACT same gear now, all of a sudden, are different enough to have new models.

This also makes sense. The idea that an elite space marine couldn't work out how to put down one weapon and pick another up, or that the armoury would be unable to attach a different pistol type to a wrist lock doesn't add up.

Basically it will all depend on what FW feel like sculpting, but there is no reason why "new" Sanguinary Gaurd models with different load outs (and therefore different stats) couldn't be an option.

What if Sanguinary Guard just get the Option to purchase Jump Packs? Meaning they can go on foot inside Installations and all that or be Jump Infantry in other situations.

Flat 2+/5++ afterwards and any other bonuses and you've got a pretty solid unit.

Archived