Cataphractii

Phiasco

While a Sanguinary guard is a thing - but they are so much different than casual legion. 

In  books all SG are quite stupid jerks being in really small numbers.

I should add - Sanguinary guard is "new" unit to BA - they introduced  in 5th edition in "Angelic" stream-line with also winged astorath and sanguinor.

Previously Blood angels wasn't angels literally. And  BA was known for their red "space hulk" terminators and black death company.

Personally I really hope for this two being our specific units.

If everyone has a terminator squad it doesn't mean that we'll have a bad one.

And for Sanguinary guard  - i can see them making a reposable guards (with different wings i hope) because this plastic kit is nearly-monopose. Although  they seems to remain whole aesthetics - at least their barrel-jump-packs do.

I can see a Terminator squad especially if we get Amit, if not it will be a sanguinary guard unit which you can use with or without jump packs, a 2+/5++ with AP2 or 3 weapons. This would tie in with Azkaellon being a character option. As for a second squad im hoping for some death company style CC beasts since we know DC arent a thing in 30K.

Death Company don't exist until Sanguinius does tough I believe. His death is what triggers the rage from fully developing.

First of  all there is no  point in doing  only pre-Sanguinius-death Blood angels (Iron hands handle this somehow)

And second - there actually were a death company - they were simple kamikaze or punished ones (as it implies through text) But there  is no clear statements is that a specific company as an type of organisation or it's just figure of speech.

Not to mention severe case of Red thirst.  If  you know  - legion suffered  this issue before Sanguinius was found, and only his blood-infusion calmed down this flaw, so i can imagine that this death-companies were like kamikaze/berserker squads which gone too far on the road of blood-frenzy. On Signus they(almost) all  were that blood-thirsting berserkers after Sanguinius injury. It was a red thirst not  a black rage.

So if we think in that way - two unique-40k-modern squad for  Blood angels are Death company  and SG - And while in 30k it's a 100% a Sanguinary guard unit - death company set is pretty viable candidate.

I'll echo what someone else asked... Where are you all getting that Amit has special terminators?

TO hazard a guess... That piece of art that has him in his terminator armour with the dual chain Fists. Plus s lot of extrapolation.

Death Company don't exist until Sanguinius does tough I believe. His death is what triggers the rage from fully developing.

First of all there is no point in doing only pre-Sanguinius-death Blood angels (Iron hands handle this somehow)

And second - there actually were a death company - they were simple kamikaze or punished ones (as it implies through text) But there is no clear statements is that a specific company as an type of organisation or it's just figure of speech.

Not to mention severe case of Red thirst. If you know - legion suffered this issue before Sanguinius was found, and only his blood-infusion calmed down this flaw, so i can imagine that this death-companies were like kamikaze/berserker squads which gone too far on the road of blood-frenzy. On Signus they(almost) all were that blood-thirsting berserkers after Sanguinius injury. It was a red thirst not a black rage.

So if we think in that way - two unique-40k-modern squad for Blood angels are Death company and SG - And while in 30k it's a 100% a Sanguinary guard unit - death company set is pretty viable candidate.

Where does it talk about the kamakazi/blood angel berserker squads? I would actually really like to hear about this

I'll echo what someone else asked... Where are you all getting that Amit has special terminators?

TO hazard a guess... That piece of art that has him in his terminator armour with the dual chain Fists. Plus s lot of extrapolation.

Yeah, but that was well after the heresy, wasn't it?

Speaking of that, I really, really hope the Forgeworld treatment gets him promoted to an actual chapter master rather than a captain. Or the BA equivalent of chapter master. He shouldn't be the captain of the fifth company, he should be the Commander of the Fifth Host or chapter/whatever

Remember, the special characters are pretty much all written at the time of the Heresy breaking out and thier rules more or less reflect that.

Our could be different seeing as we're coming out much later, but in reality our book that deals with Signus happens parallel to Calth/ Propero/ Istvaan etc, hence why the BA are not there.

So it would make sense to keep the characters grounded into the crusade era.

I think we'll get some extra love when the Siege of Terra book comes out though, for example.

Would love to see a Sanguinius version that is "Sanguinius at the Eternity Gate", akin to Boromir of the White tower (SIX MIGHT POINTS!) from the LotR game :D

Remember, the special characters are pretty much all written at the time of the Heresy breaking out and thier rules more or less reflect that.

Our could be different seeing as we're coming out much later, but in reality our book that deals with Signus happens parallel to Calth/ Propero/ Istvaan etc, hence why the BA are not there.

So it would make sense to keep the characters grounded into the crusade era.

I think we'll get some extra love when the Siege of Terra book comes out though, for example.

Would love to see a Sanguinius version that is "Sanguinius at the Eternity Gate", akin to Boromir of the White tower (SIX MIGHT POINTS!) from the LotR game :D

No no, I mean completely retcon promoted to Chapter Master/Commander of the Fifth Host.

The FW poster gives us reason to believe that they are divided into chapters, which the novels lack. I think it's absolute crap that the Blood Angels weren't divided into chapters (or equivalent) in the books. Amit is one of the top dogs in the legion, he should be higher than a captain, but the novels don't have anyone higher than a captain.

Why should he be higher than captain? Captain seems entirely appropriate to me. It's a rank, he leads a company and that is the title for that rank as far as we've seen. The companies are potentially much much larger than in 40k is all.

Also, captain isn't a stat line so that isn't an issue either.

The only BA we have seen to have more special rank and role than that is Raldoron whom is the equivalent to sigismund or abaddon being chapter master (a new title at around the time of the Nike edict)

Chapter Master was before the edict, I'm pretty sure. I'm also pretty sure that the sons of Horus are the only legions where their company is the highest level of command.

The point is that Blood Angels have a higher level of command than company. The FW BA poster proves that with their prior cognomen saying, "Hell Riders (First chapter only...) implying there is more than one chapter.

It's utterly stupid that companies would be the highest level of command short of Primarch.

So he should either be a chapter master, or one of Roldorans Captains.

Chapter Master was before the edict, I'm pretty sure. I'm also pretty sure that the sons of Horus are the only legions where their company is the highest level of command.

The point is that Blood Angels have a higher level of command than chapter. The FW BA poster proves that with their prior cognomen saying, "Hell Riders (First chapter only...) implying there is more than one chapter.

It's utterly stupid that companies would be the highest level of command short of Primarch.

Death guard had 7 or 8 companies. That was it.

In Prospero burns raldoron had recently been promotes to chapter master and it was specifically noted as being a new title to the legion.

I get that people want amit to be special, I do, but I think it sucks that after raldorons original descriptions as being up there with the likes of sigismund in terms of skill he's likely to be overlooked in favour of amit.

I hope Charlo is right as I'd be cool with getting 3 characters, but I don't know that I'm really that optimistic. Plus most legions have had FW created characters as well as BL ones.

All I hope is that we get better treatment because of our later release date for material and miniatures. When it comes to the 40K 7th ed Codex it seems they used our book / characters / releases as an experiment with later factions benefitting from the lessons they learned. Hopefully we get the beneficial flipside of that in 30K as one of the later chapters to get a book / special character releases.

Archived