A question of scale: FW Mechanicum to GW Cult

Like everyone, FW posted their 'Win A Titan" contest, and I started looking at my wish list and other things they have available. In the process, I noticed the price on some of the Mechanicum models is comparable, if not better, than GW Cult Mechanicus (never mind most of the FW stuff generally just looks better). That started me thinking in terms of 40K counts as.

So, with that in mind, I've done some searching for various size comparisons, done some Photoshop comparisons, and that leads to my question: keeping in mind some possible conversion, would FW Mechanicum Thallaxii make a good counts-as for GW Kataphrons? Keeping in mind the base difference (40mm vs 60mm). Or would Myrmidon Destructors would make better Kataphrons with their "power claw with 'turret arm'" look?

At some point, I'm also thinking Castellax as CA Kastelans. Sound reasonable?

Castellax as CA Kastelans

should fit yeah :)

for the kataphrons - i probably would go with Myrmidons tbh - also Thallaxii should get 40k rules soonTM ;)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308022-40k-vs-30k-ad-mech-size-comparison/

I would use Domitars as Kastellans, because Domitars have great models and bad rules, while Kastellans have terrible models and decent rules. Domitars are also taller like the Kastellans are.

Myrm Destroyers == Kat Breachers would be the easiest (only?) analogue.  Kat destroyers have two different guns and Myrm Secutors completely different equipment.

• 2 weeks later...
I recently purchased both destructors and secutors to substitute as Kataphrons. They look better with extra plasma I picked up. For the breachers I plan to order some of the weapons from the Kataphrob kit and see if they can be swapped.

Archived