The Black Wolf Of Russ

HellChyld

So I've thinking of doing up some wolves for the last 9 months or so and been kicking around an idea for the Jarl of the force. notes for fluff and history are short. the Black wolf had been a child who was a warrior of Russ before the arrival of the Emperor and had been a larger individual then and after Induction and processed had become a gaint amonge his Brothers. The Black Wolf had served Russ with honor and came to lead his own wolf company as Jarl. The Jarl servered Russ as an Emmisary under Horus and the Luna wolves for many conflicts and was present when the Raven Guard were thrown to the meat Grinder. Records are conflicting about where The Black wolf stood During the Hersey as Some say he Sided with Horus yet other Records show him listed among the Marines who left with Russ on the Great Hunt.
So with out further text I present the W.I.P. of Jarl Kieran Doomwolf The Black Wolf of Russ.
med_gallery_1805_1309_15484.jpg

med_gallery_1805_1309_439317.jpg

med_gallery_1805_1309_227034.jpg

med_gallery_1805_1309_386939.jpg

still lots to do as you see but pretty good start so far. let me know ya think?

Great mixture of bits there! The Wulfen really provide some magnificent shields and axes!

The fluff is interesting aswell. Gives him a bit of unsolved mystery, without being too much of a Snowflake.

So I'm intrigued where you go with him!

Will you give him a (wolf-)helmet?

A pelt or other SW icons?

...and a proper Jarl definitely needs a pack of his most trustworthy and capable Wolfguard.

Great mixture of bits there! The Wulfen really provide some magnificent shields and axes!

The fluff is interesting aswell. Gives him a bit of unsolved mystery, without being too much of a Snowflake.

So I'm intrigued where you go with him!

Will you give him a (wolf-)helmet?

A pelt or other SW icons?

...and a proper Jarl definitely needs a pack of his most trustworthy and capable Wolfguard.

Figure he's hard headed like the rest so no helmet. Still looking at options for the head. More wolf icons and pelts to come.

ou're of to a good start brother, I could ship some Justaerin Termies in your direction sometime soon if you want them for the project.

Luther.

Any donations to the project will be welcome my brother

The Chaos Marauder on horseback kit has some good heads, if you can find them. Nice beards and/or leather masks like in the novels. I like the top half of the Black Wolf. Where are his legs from? They look a bit odd to me for some reason.

The smooth boots and grieves are just throwing me off I guess, only the front view though. So the upper legs are from the Wulfen kit and the lower legs are from a FW kit with icons shaved off?

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update as work has been keeping me busy. Think I found the head I'm going with but still need to change it up a bit. Figured hanging out with Horus's crew the topknot works. Well on to pics.

med_gallery_1805_1309_49031.jpg

med_gallery_1805_1309_33045.jpg

med_gallery_1805_1309_24184.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome

Looking good so far, interesting design on choice of giving him the top knot to tie him in with Luna Wolves angle. I do think adding something to the shin armour will really help pull things together.

Always amazed by the giving nature of the brother/sisterhood on B&C.

You're of to a good start brother, I could ship some Justaerin Termies in your direction sometime soon if you want them for the project.

finally was able to get some more work done. all my respect to the other frater and mods with small children (I think they hear you sit down at your model station). Still got a fair bit of work to do like the greaves and the shoulders but its getting there.

med_gallery_1805_1309_67257.jpg

med_gallery_1805_1309_80822.jpg

med_gallery_1805_1309_13111.jpg

with some luck I'll get some time this weekend and with some bits coming from Insane Psychopath I'll get my rune Priest and Iron Priest started that acompany The Black Wolf. Comments always welcome.

Archived