Ravens Flight - 1500pt - Decapitation Strike

Vastopol

"Raven's Flight"

So a quick list playing to what I feel are the strengths of the Raven Guard ROW and Legion Traits, also a completely different list to that of my Iron Warriors ;

Centurion - Delgatus

Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Ravens Talons, Refractor Field

Moritat-Prime Kaedes Nex

Legion Tactical Squad

Chainswords and Bolt Pistols, Legion Drop Pod, Vexilla and Nuncio-Vox,

Sergeant has Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs and Power Weapon

Legion Tactical Squad

Chainswords and Bolt Pistols, Legion Drop Pod, Vexilla and Nuncio-Vox,

Sergeant has Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs and Power Weapon

Mor Deythan Squad (9 in total)

6x Combi Plasma, 3 Plasma

Sergeant has Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs

Dark Fury Assault Squad (9 in total)

Sergeant has Raven Talons and Melta Bombs

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius

Extra Armour

That all comes in at 1500, will get smashed against armour heavy armies, but plenty of Melta Bombs in the list as-well as Scorpius to strip HP's

Thoughts ?

All Dark Furies now have Ravens Talons as Standard for no increase in cost as per the new AoD Book.

Go for Combi-Flamers on the Mor Deythan Instead. Rending, Twin-Linked Flamers will do more for you than Plasma

You can make a point for the combi-plasma if you're tank hunting. With rending they'll do well against AV, especially against armoured ceramite. Which is what this list is lacking, AT. The Furies getting talons each helps with that too, S5 with rending on the charge will shred light-med AV.

Mechanized lists and/or artillery heavy lists will be an uphill battle. Beware augery scanners too.

At the moment the meta i'm facing;

Imperial Fist Gauntlet, Night Lord Troop Spam, Iron Hand Mechanized, Imperial Fist Troop Spam, Dark Angel Troop Spam (Big Heavy Support Squad)

I don't want to go too heavy on the AT as my Iron Warrior list is very heavy and this list is designed to be a polar opposite

It's not that you want to be heavy on AT, it's that you always want some. Which you do.

The plasma will do well against Gauntlet, breachers in that are one of the only things that can survive Mor Deythan with flamers. Keep your scorpius safe; it will likely be a key player against all those lists.

Archived