1000pts Word Bearers (Zone Mortalis Rite of War)

ChainMachete

This list uses the new Zone Mortalis Rite of War, which lets me take Terminators as troops. It also uses the Zone Mortalis Force Org charts which allow you to take just a single troop selection.

Zardu Layek & Anakatis Blade Slaves 275

Legion Centurion with Artificer Armour, Power Fist, Boarding Shield & Burning Lore (probably take Biomancy) 120

5 Cataphractii Terminators, Sergeant with Chainfist & Combi-bolter, 3 with Power Fists & Combi-bolter, 1 with Power Axe and Heavy Flamer 210

5 Gal Vorbak, Dark Martyr with Artificer Armour & Power Fist, 1 with Power Maul 235

Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought with Kheres & DCCW with Heavy Flamer 180

I haven't built the terminators yet, so I'm really looking for some advice on their weapon loadout. I was wondering about swapping the three Power Fists for Power Axes and taking two Combi-plasmas instead. Or perhaps swapping the Power Fists for Power Axes and giving the Contemptor-Cortus a Havoc Launcher.

The Legion Centurion deploys with the Terminators and is my Warlord. I gave the Terminators Cataphractii armour to make them a safer bunker for the Warlord and because they are my only objective holders (at least until Zardu can summon some lesser daemons anyway). Any reason why I should consider giving them Tartaros armour instead?

Unfortunately terminators are non-compulsory troops choices in the zone mortalis assault force RoW, so you still have to take one of the "standard" troops choices (breachers make the most sense in this scenario).

Unfortunately terminators are non-compulsory troops choices in the zone mortalis assault force RoW, so you still have to take one of the "standard" troops choices (breachers make the most sense in this scenario).

Hadn't noticed that. I was unlikely to ever deep strike the Terminators without the benefits of a Nuncio Vox or equivalent anyway. So  the easiest thing to do is make it a Pride of The Legion list. At least until I can get round to buying, building and painting 10 breachers.

Archived