So, what are your thoughts on Brother Antor Delassio?

appiah4

For the uninitited, it's this guy from Deathwatch Overkill:

http://tuan.hu/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/0/5011921069644_deathwatch-overkill-en_09.jpg

I was keen on grabbing him from a bitz site to use as a sergeant, veteran or possibly captain, but he looks like a terribly lazy death company kitbash with a Deathwatch shoulderpad and now I can't really find it in me to actually get interested in him..  Do you guys like the model?  I'm kind of hoping someone can make me see a beauty in it that I've missed..

Awesome model that perfectly captures BA.

But he has a :cussing chainsword.

A chainsword!

Even a special rending chainsword I could've dealt with. He really should have been independent character.

If I buy him separate I'll clip it off, and put on a power sword or Valours edge or something.

Failing that I'll give him a mk4 jump pack and use him as a centurion/consul /Preator in 30k.

Coukd even keep the chainsword as a paragon blade there.

When you think about it, hand flamers are better than an equal amount of guardsmen shooting. (Not considering objective secured bodies and multiple discreet wounds). If you cover 4 hits on a hand flamer, that's 4 guardsmen worth of lasguns, with AP6 added in, making it 1/6 more effective at wounds getting through kroot, orks, terms/hormagants, and takes away any cover saves those might have, giving you 1/3 of the shooting effectiveness as well.

Limited application, for sure, but interesting nevertheless.

There was a recent mini wargaming bat rep where a squad had all three types of flamer that shot at necron warriors.

The hand flamer by sheer luck killed four while the others did nothing. Unlikely, but high potential on the weapon for sure.

I have the Raven Guard character from that set and they are _very_ well done models. Antor Delassio is worth getting, You can always replace what you don't like with his load out. But overall very nice looking Blood Angel who could find a place in a Veteran Vanguard squad, Assault marine squad, or possibly as a Captain. I've downloaded and read the stories about most of the characters in that set and IMO that adds to it as well.

Why do you feel you need all that to use him?

As he is not faction: BA, but faction: deathwatch, and to use him outside of unbound games, you need to field an allied detachment, with 1HQ and a troop.

Ah yes. Obviously 0640 is not a good time for me to be posting...

I want to get the model to convert into a Sang Priest and magnetise his arms. Dynamic pose and angelic-ness is cool, I just wish his rules had a bit more oomph...

To be fair, he's just a lowly Assault squad Sergeant. I mean, they didn't even make him a Vanguard Veteran or anything. If you wanted to go Iconic Blood Angels, he probably should have been a Tactical Terminator ala Space Hulk.

Something's not right with his pose though, it almost looks squatty like the 2e metal figures?  Upper legs are comically short methinks..

I know what you mean actually, looking at it again. It may be the camera angle though. With a quick conversion I think it could be quite easy to make him be taking a massive :cuss ...

I should personally say that once again, GW headquarters really lacked of idea for the Blood Angels that once again are only depicted as crazy assault marines without even the rights rules to depicts such "qualities" on top of this.

A blood soaked Blood Angels devastator veteran with Frag-Cannon, would have been a breeze a fresh air, while still making senses....but no, once again GW missed the point....

Something's not right with his pose though, it almost looks squatty like the 2e metal figures? Upper legs are comically short methinks..

I know what you mean actually, looking at it again. It may be the camera angle though. With a quick conversion I think it could be quite easy to make him be taking a massive censored.gif ...

It's the angle, trust me. He's actually pretty nice in real life.

I should personally say that once again, GW headquarters really lacked of idea for the Blood Angels that once again are only depicted as crazy assault marines without even the rights rules to depicts such "qualities" on top of this.

A blood soaked Blood Angels devastator veteran with Frag-Cannon, would have been a breeze a fresh air, while still making senses....but no, once again GW missed the point....

... Assault marines are the staple blood angel unit... A devastator would have been the worst, most out of character Blood Angel character to show. Also, no offense, but I am willing to bet that Games Workshop knows more about Blood Angels and their "point" more than you do.

Back in the day we were the only chapter that could get veteran assault marines. Our units have always been about the assault, and the flying like Sanguinius.

On the flip side, the devastator makes the most sense as an Imperial Fist.

-edited the aggression out. My bad-

... Assault marines are the staple blood angel unit... A devastator would have been the worst, most out of character Blood Angel character to show. Also, I'm pretty dang sure that Games Workshop knows more about Blood Angels and their "point" more than you do.

Back in the day we were the ONLY chapter that could get veteran assault marines. Our units have always been about the assault, and the flying like Sanguinius.

On the flip side, the devastator makes the MOST sense as an Imperial Fist.

Calm Calm, i'm just saying that i would have been a "change" for Blood Angels to leave for a moment the "exclusive jump pack assault marine" role. Furthermore, either a Devastator or a Veteran to carry the Frag-Cannon would have also make senses...

And about the "I'm pretty dang sure that Games Workshop knows more about Blood Angels and their "point" more than you do", i can only observe that NOWDAYS this fact isn't respected....(For countless years Blood Angels have been know to possess the Frag-Cannon and by this simple fact the weapons itself have been tied to the Blood Angels chapter "stuff", but now, GW know so much about the Blood Angels that instead of giving the First Frag-cannon to a Blood Angels, they give it to an Imperial Fist...)

Also, actually, the Blood Angels are among, if not, the worst Assault army of the Astartes, far behind the Raven Guard and the White Scars rules speaking. While since many years, the Blood Angels got stripped from unique units years after years.....

Exclusive Stormraven => Stormraven for all

Furioso (exclusive CC Dreadnought) => Ironclad

Jump Pack rules => Raven Guard rules

Veteran "Heroic Intervention" => Stripped for Blood Angels, but offered for all other Astartes forces

....etc....etc. (Even FW produced an Astartes copycat of the Baal Predator)

OOOOOOh i forgot the recent Wulfens......a FAR FAR BETTER Death Company...

The Only unique thing that remain is the Sanguinary Guard.....Definitively, GW know his Blood Angels stuff...just told me, in which way Blood Angels are actually better/egal in assault than a Raven Guard/White Scars/or even Spaces Wolves army (to compare Assault armies together)....please, offer me a good laught. =)

The storm Raven was never supposed to be exclusive. We were the first codex to get it, but nothing anywhere ever written said we'd be the only one.

The furioso and the ironclad are not the same thing.

I have no idea where you are getting the ideas that you just said about the frag cannon, but nothing supports that at all. Also, remember; this is the INQUISITION. They have access to EVERYTHING. Literally. And nowhere in our fluff does it say it is exclusive.

In our "what is unique to us" units you left out the death company. No one else has that, no matter what you say about the wulfen. And I want to say Space Wolves could get those back in the day.

Also, yeah, our "every unit has furious charge" definitely makes us the "worst assault army"

Archived