Lemartes: Guardian of the Lost e book released

Xenith

Previously only available as a reward for spending £40 per month for 6 months, the Lemartes e book has dropped, available for £9.99

I'm tempted.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/lemartes-ebook.html?utm_source=BlackLibrary.com&utm_campaign=53a0938147-2016-03-16+Lemartes+eBook&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_781f7c7929-53a0938147-110820273

So now for the review. If James Swallow doesn't hand over the reigns for BA fiction to David Annadale or Andy Smillie, I'll be very upset.

The book is mainly written from Lemartes' perspective. An Imperial world, Phlegethon, comes under control of a prophet of Khorne and a traitor warband comes to the planet. The BA had previously visited the planet during the crusade and now they answer the call for help. The main parties are the 237 Mordians, the 4th company under Captain Castigan with Corbulo and Lemartes, the Blood Disciples and a Daemon of Khorne who shall remain nameless.

All in all a good book. Its not quite up to the level of most of ADBs work but is infinitely better than most BA work to date in the modern era. A cool side note, one of the BA tanks in the book is named after the planet, I'd assume from the first time they visited.

Archived