Mechanicum 1000p starter list, need help

Cliffisen

I have decided to take the plunge into 30k. 

The Thagmata rulebook is now at home and a whole new world of lists presents itself.

How ever, its quite daunting and i really dont wanna buy something that is totally of the charts. 

So i would love some advice on how to assemble the first 1000p list. From there ill know what is lacking ect. 

FW have 2 bundels that im looking at 

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Cybernetica-Battlegroup and 

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Mechanicum-Taghmata-Support-Cadre

That big robot (Thanatar) looks awesome but im not so sure about the usefulness of it.

Might be better to pick what i need and dont go the bundle route.

Since the models are quite expensive i dont wanna start of wrong. Ill probably add models later on just for the aesthetic, but not right not in the beginning. 

Well, first thing you should decide on is which Mechanicum you want to run...

Legio Cybernetica is all about big stompy robots. They have access to a special Achmagos Dominus, who has better Leadership for Cybertheurgy. They also have better range with Cybertheurgy and Cortex Controllers, and +1 Initiative for their robots. Must take lots of robots, which is not a bad thing given their benefits.

Ordo Reductor is all about Tanks and siege warfare. They have access to the (Arch)Magos Reductors, who have higher S and WS than normal Archmagi, so they can beat face bettter. They also have access to Minotaur Artillery Batteries (not amazing) and Ordo Reductor Artillery Batteries (very amazing). Finally, they can run a unique Force Org Chart called "The Matrix of Ruin", which makes all Tanks Scoring when in the enemy deployment zone. Cannot take lots of robots, which is also not a bad thing, given the benefits that Tanks get.

Taghmata Omnissiah is the generic version - you can take everything in the list, including the Special Characters, but not the (Arch)Magos Reductors, Archmagos Dominus or Minotaur/Ordo Reductor Artillery. No particular bonuses, but you aren't restricted in your choices like the above 2 are.

I didn't go for the bundle because I wanted darkfire cannons instead of melta on my castellax and phased plasma fusils on my thallax.

I definitely suggest you only get the bundle if it actually has the models you want, not just because they save you a bit of money.

I don't like the new bundle either because I want a special weapon in the thallax, I dont like the tech thrall models, and the calix is questionably useful compared to the regular Thanatar which is great or two krios venators.

Archived