WE list 3500pts

temneb

HQ:

Khârn The Bloody: Rite of War (Berserker Assault) 170

Gahlan Surlak 110

Troops:

9 Tactical Space Marines: chainaxes; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; Caedere weapons) 185

• Rhino 35

9 Tactical Space Marines: chainaxes; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; Caedere weapons) 185

• Rhino 35

• Rhino 35

Elite:

4 Red Butcher Terminators: 2× second power axe; 2× pair of lightning claws; + 1 Devoured (power fist; chainfist) 300

• Spartan Assault Tank: armoured ceramite; flare shield; dozer blade 345

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon

• Contemptor Dreadnought: dreadnought close combat weapon (graviton gun); chainfist (graviton gun) 215

Fast:

7 Rampagers: 2× meteor hammer; + 1 Rampager Champion (power fist) 225

• Land Raider Phobos 250

7 Rampagers: 2× meteor hammer; + 1 Rampager Champion (power fist) 225

• Land Raider Phobos 250

Heavy:

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought Talon

• Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought: Leviathan siege drill 275

• Dreadnought Drop Pod 65

Angron 400

3,490 points

Rampagers are there to scout my two Killy characters up early. Gagaln goes with Angron to give him 4+ fnp against shooting as nothing will double tough him. Should help him tank AP2&3 if he has to. Leviathan drops in back field, Contemptor starts right on the 12" line should be able to hit something turn two latest charge turn 3. Really he is a distraction. Mean while the three tac squads do as stated above, they don't give vp's away and don't seem to dangerous, I'm hoping they fly under the radar.

Looks Good, you do lack AA so you struggle vs anyone with a lot of flyers,

If i read right Angry Ron is going with one of the Rampagers squads if you you have too drop them down to 6 men as he takes up 3 spaces, so you be unable to get him and Gagalan in the same LR. 

I also see about getting your Contemptor a Drop pod in this pont limit he not going get any use if his foot slogging it.

other then that my Inner IH saying you need more long range anti-Tank. :P

Khârn is a bit meh if you use Angron. A kitted out Praetor in your butchers would be a better choice imo, unless you want to be fluffy.

Make the contemptor a Cortus, if you're going dual-claw. It's cheaper and has bonuses to get stuck in then.

Your tacticals aren't gonna be up to much, as they're not in assault transports. You lack any meaty AP3/AP2 outside Angron and Leviathan. You'll splatter infantry but the tacs, rampagers and butchers are gonna struggle against enemy Terminators and armour.

Smaller points:

No AC on the Phobos is a bad idea.

Power fists would be better on your tacs than Caedere

Ramagers are a bit bleh. You could consider slotting the Phobos into your vacant HS slots to put the tacticals in for guaranteed charging, but usually you want scarier things out of a Land Raider.

Have to agree with the god potato here.

For me, I would ditch the rampagers altogether and with the points get 2 Spartans and ditch 2 rhinos, boosting 2 squads up to 15. Angron and surlak in one, the other made as inductii with an apothecary for some super surgery..

Right then.

Try this. Dropped the Rampagers to find another way to put Angron front and centre. I don't really like the Kharybdis so how's the anvillus?

Khârn The Bloody: Rite of War (Berserker Assault) 170

Gahlan Surlak 110

Troops:

15 Tactical Space Marines: chainaxes; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; Caedere weapons) 24

19 Tactical Space Marines: chainaxes; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; Caedere weapons) 285

19 Tactical Space Marines: chainaxes; legion vexilla; + 1 Tactical Sergeant (artificer armour; Caedere weapons) 285

Elite:

4 Red Butcher Terminators: 2× second power axe; 2× pair of lightning claws; + 1 Devoured (power fist; chainfist) 300

• Land Raider Phobos: armoured ceramite; frag assault launchers 280

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon

• Contemptor-Cortus Dreadnought: dreadnought close combat weapon (graviton gun); chainfist (graviton gun) 175

Apothecarion Detachment

• Apothecary 45

• Apothecary 45

• Apothecary 45

6 Veteran Space Marines: 6× chainaxe; legion vexilla; melta bombs; + 1 Veteran Sergeant 190

Fast:

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod 100

Heavy:

Spartan Assault Tank: armoured ceramite; flare shield; frag assault launchers 350

Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought Talon

• Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought: Leviathan siege drill 275

LoW:

Angron 400

3,430 points

Yes that's starting to look more like it. As for the anvilus, it's ok but just be weary it has no guidance system so if you are not clever can mishap and be removed before Angron even gets out...

May I ask why you have the vets there? They seem a little redundant and out of place

*edit: ah to go with Angron in anvilus?

Archived