2000 points night lords horror cult C&C needed

Runefyre

I've decided to theme my night lords army around night raptors and terminators, so it made sense to me to look at using horror cult rite of war. It seems like every night lords player out there recommends terror assault, and for good reason! But I want to try to have fun with the new RoW. Here's what I've come up with, feel free to murder it, skin it, and make a cape out of it msn-wink.gif

2000 points legiones astartes crusade army list (age of darkness force organization chart)
(night lords) (horror cult)

HQ-270 points

Legion Centurion (consul delegatus)-artificer armour, refractor field, nostroman chainglaive, jump pack

Legion Centurion (consul forge lord)- jump pack, refractor field, rad grenades, nuncio vox

Troops- 660 points

Night Raptors squad-10 members, 4x nostroman chianglaives, 1 melta-guns, (Huntmaster: melta bombs, artificer armour, power axe)

Night Raptors squad-10 members, 4x nostroman chianglaives, 1 melta-guns, (Huntmaster: melta bombs, artificer armour, power axe)

Elites-620 points

Legion Terminator squad-10 members, 2x chianfists, 1x plasma blaster

-legion kharybdis assault claw dedicated transport

Fast Attack-n/a

Heavy Support-450 points

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius

Legion Whirlwind Scorpius

Legion Deredeo dreadnought-aiolis missile launcher

The idea is pretty straightforward, hide the raptors in cover for the first turn, then move up and charge (turn 2 hopefully) under cover fire from the scorpius' and deredeo. The kharybids comes in turn one to be a BIG nuisance in the opponents deployment zone. I've got large squads of bulky models so a talent for murder should be used to full affect.

I would cut down the Number of Chainglaives to 1:3 or 1:2 Ratio. That way, you can have bullet catchers at the front that you dont really care about in the event that they die to shooting or whatever on the way in.

Cutting out 10 Glaives across 2 Squads gives you more points to play around with; I'd put them into more bodies in the Raptor Squads to provide for more ablative wounds for the units, honestly or invest them into a Siege Breaker or Forge Lord so that you have a Character with a Nuncio-Vox to help guide your WW Scorpii Barrage shots.

Thats pretty much all I'd really change for the list.

I've reduced the chainglaives to a 1:2 ratio, and used the spare points to purchase a forge lord with jump pack. Though I'm not sure if I shouldn't just by afew more raptor bodies... gonna have to think about it. 'spose I'll just have to playtest it. Thanks for the input smile.png

I'd suggest finding some points somewhere to put aa on some sgts, and rad grenades on the FL. Well, really, the FL just looks pretty bare right now. AA and a refractor certainly wouldn't hurt...

What armour are you giving your termies?d

Edit - corrected due to Slips input

Thing to not about the Forge Lord: He has to buy the Nuncio-Vox he doesnt come with it standard like a Siege Breaker Does. Luckily, he has Artificer Armor standard. You might also want to buy Rad Grenades on him though with Talent For Murder, they might not come into play all that much.

Additionally, he can be pretty tanky if you get him a Cyber Familiar in addition to his Invulnerable save which the former buffs by +1.

And yeah, Squad Sergeants definitely need Artificer armor if you can find the points for it and an Ap2 Weapon if you can manage it.

I'd suggest finding some points somewhere to put aa on some sgts, and rad grenades on the FL. Well, really, the FL just looks pretty bare right now. AA and a refractor certainly wouldn't hurt...

What armour are you giving your termies?d

Edit - corrected due to Slips input

Found out I shortchanged myself points-wise tongue.png , so I tooled up the forge lord, then removed the missile launcher from the deredeo (and combi-weapons from the terminators) to make room for aa on the huntsman. To answer your question, I'm planning on cataphractii pattern, simply because of the survivability ( I plan to run mostly power axes, so TfM makes them wound on a 2+, but backed up by a 4++ so they survive till I1). What would you recommend?

Arghhh!! I'm not sure I'd be up for sacrificing the Deredeos Missiles for more gear :x

I might even be in favour of dropping the Melta Guns for it since its a 60" S6 Ap3 Heavy 3, Pinning missile launcher that can fire at other targets than the other weapons on the Deredeo even if they're out of Line of Sight.

Arghhh!! I'm not sure I'd be up for sacrificing the Deredeos Missiles for more gear :x

I might even be in favour of dropping the Melta Guns for it since its a 60" S6 Ap3 Heavy 3, Pinning missile launcher that can fire at other targets than the other weapons on the Deredeo even if they're out of Line of Sight.

I could remove the plasma blasters from the termies (they want to be in combat most of the time anyway) and melta bombs from one of the huntsman to bring back the aiolis. Thoughts?

Id rather the melta guns on the raptors honestly. The melta bomb on the huntsman is your only safeguard against getting charged by a dreadnought for the unit.

I've taken away 1 melta gun from each raptor squad, and one plasma blaster from the termies. I used those points to give the deredeo the missile launcher, and the forge lord a chainglaive. I also changed out the chainglaives on the huntmasters for power axes (they're the same price).

The Forge Lord doesn't bring a lot to Night Raptors. As they are likely to have Talent For Murder working in their favour (being Bulky) and the Nostraman chainglaive is S+1, they'll be Wounding MEQs on 2's with or without rad grenades.

The Chaplain used to be the go-to option, but Talent For Murder gives +1 to Hit now too, so with WS5 you'll likely be hitting MEQs on 2's as well! A re-roll might not be necessary, but Fearless is usefui still.

Possibly one of the best options now is the Primus Medicae. Without Curze providing them with Stelth & Shrouded, they need more defence. A 5+ FNP will help there! :)

The Forge Lord doesn't bring a lot to Night Raptors. As they are likely to have Talent For Murder working in their favour (being Bulky) and the Nostraman chainglaive is S+1, they'll be Wounding MEQs on 2's with or without rad grenades.

The Chaplain used to be the go-to option, but Talent For Murder gives +1 to Hit now too, so with WS5 you'll likely be hitting MEQs on 2's as well! A re-roll might not be necessary, but Fearless is usefui still.

Possibly one of the best options now is the Primus Medicae. Without Curze providing them with Stelth & Shrouded, they need more defence. A 5+ FNP will help there! smile.png

I agree but I mostly went with an HQ that could take a Nuncio-Vox to help the Scorpii out with their shooting.

Archived