Farmer Fallen Short Story?

Space Truckin

Does anyone know the title of the short story where the Dark Angels have tracked down "the Fallen"  only to find  him living a peaceful / pastoral existence as a farmer on an Agri-world?    I'm interested in how this was presented and trying to imagine  a normal  8-9' ft tall super human / farmer.  

I thought it was just referenced in the Codex but by chance I was listening to a YT chat a few days ago and guys mentioned an actual short story but not the name of it.

Thanks!

edit: grammar, and removed Green Acres obscure reference

Yeah I think the guy on Grumpy Old Gamers read a sentence in the ol' DA codex and got confused.  I posted a comment, maybe they'll respond.

Tharsis was a farming world, but we all know that Astelan was doing a little more than farming.

I'll keep searching.

I know which story you are mentioning and it goes back a ways. I almost want to say it was in an issue of Inferno. A marine was knocked silly and ended up with amnesia. He woke up in a farmer's barn and helped out with the farm but when trouble comes a knocking, his suit of armor is revealed and he takes up arms against the baddies by himself. He is rescued after stemming off the assault by his chapter. I want to say he was an Ultramarine though. 

I know which story you are mentioning and it goes back a ways. I almost want to say it was in an issue of Inferno. A marine was knocked silly and ended up with amnesia. He woke up in a farmer's barn and helped out with the farm but when trouble comes a knocking, his suit of armor is revealed and he takes up arms against the baddies by himself. He is rescued after stemming off the assault by his chapter. I want to say he was an Ultramarine though. 

It was in in an issue of Inferno and it was an Ultramarine, a 1st company veteran in terminator armour to be precise, and he sacrifices his life at the end of the story to kill a carnifex.

Archived