GW:wh40k facebook page - FAQ request

Ceril

Hello fellow brothers,

some of you might know that GW recently launched a new Facebook page. GW also said at a trade show in Las Vegas they want to be more engaing with the player base and tournament scene. (paraphrasing)

Today a post went up on their facebook page to ask for questions from us players, collectors, hobbyists and fans for a FAQ.

Here's the Natfka post about it:
http://natfka.blogspot.fi/2016/03/breaking-news-official-warhammer-40000.html

Direct link to submit questions through facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/1575682476085719/photos/a.1576243776029589.1073741828.1575682476085719/1583759348611365/?type=3&theater

And their new warhammer 40k page:
https://www.facebook.com/Warhammer-40000-1575682476085719/?fref=photo

Now is the time to let them now, tell them we care. Show Games Workshop our enthusiasm. Our love for this chapter. I'd love to see Blood Angels counted among the strong books. We surely need some updates, and this is a big chance for change.

I went with...

Will units that exist in codex blood angels with the same name that used to be inline with codex space marines be brought in line again? E.g. number of attacks on dreadnoughts, weapon skill and ballistic skill on scouts, squadron rules on vehicles. Access to a strike force alla all other marine books etc.

Though honestly, I think scouts should be WS BS 3

Veteran Guardsmen (those that survive the first 15 mins of a campaign) are BS4 :)

That is true. Also, scouts at BS 4 leaves more fluff room for DiY chapters to say their scouts don't have to be the new guys.

I think the scouts really need the BS4. The whole Marine 'schtick' is being slightly better than average at everything, and excelling at nothing - BS3 just makes the scouts really unreliable, especially the rifle version.

Yeah, that's true. I was comparing across marine codices instead of the whole thing. My reasoning was more about making them the "new guys", and the Space Wolves being the ones at BS4 because they aren't the new guys, but I wasn't thinking about how skilled they would be regardless just due to training before actual war deployments.

So yeah, nvm then.

I've seen a few comments on the page regarding Blood Angels so far; probably slightly more than the average question.  I haven't seen anyone ask about the cost of Terminators though.

I think that terminators generally comes under the banner of "can you make BA units the same as the SM ones".

Folks, the post on the FB page requests you to make one rules question you want answered or clarified. Therefore, to ensure your post is actually read and not skimmed over, can I suggest you pose a rules question please?

Questions such as "Y ay we got Stalkers?", etc, isn't going to fly.

think theres any chance of them responding to ones about the disparity in stats on things with the same name?

If there is enough of a request for it, sure - UNLESS it directly reveals a big part of upcoming releases perhaps....

Not specific to Blood Angels,: "How do all the quasi-deep strike abilities (Gate of Infinity, Skies of Fury etc.) even work? Do the units need the deep strike rule? do they have to start the game in deep strike reserves? Do they count as having that rule and having started there? Can they mishap? What happens on a mishap?"

I can't post it myself, because I do not have facebook account and do not intend to get one, so if that question interests you, go ahead and copy it.

My question would probably be "Why do you not even pretend to care about Blood Angels?"

All within the last 2 years:

• A 7th edition codex
  • Shield of Baal Deathstorm
  • Exterminatus background supplement 
  • 1st company rules
  • Flesh tearers rules
  • FW upgrades released
  • FW Blood Angel Legion Rules released
  • tactical squad
  • Sanguinary Priest
  • Termies
  • Jump pack chaplain
  • TDA librarian
  • 3-6 White Dwarf only BA formations.

Get some perspective.

My question would probably be "Why do you not even pretend to care about Blood Angels?"

• A 7th edition codex
  • 1st company rules
  • Flesh tearers rules
  • FW upgrades released
  • tactical squad
  • Sanguinary Priest
  • Termies
  • Jump pack chaplain
  • TDA librarian

Get some perspective.

Here's some perspective for you:

• A 7th edition codex: More like 6.5 Edition with no decurion
  • Shield of Baal Deathstorm: With Disco Dancer Terminator Captain and no new models, :cussty datasheets and useless formation
  • Exterminatus background supplement: Which has, what exactly, that is actually useful and usable?
  • 1st company rules: Which basically handicap you into points sinks
  • Flesh tearers rules: This is actually useful, I'll give you that
  • FW upgrades released: This is FW, not GW
  • FW Blood Angel Legion Rules released: This is FW, not GW
  • tactical squad: Complete Death Company rehash
  • Sanguinary Priest: 20 GBP clampack, talk about rough loving
  • Termies: New models no one asked for a unit that's significantly overcosted compared to C:SM - more like rubbing our face in the dirt than showing love
  • Jump pack chaplain: 20 GBP clampack that's actually worse than the generic jumppack chaplain
  • TDA librarian: Touche.
  • 3-6 White Dwarf only BA formations: White Dwarf only being the key point here.

In the meantime we got no errata, no codex update, no decurion, no useful formations.  Playing a BA army feels like cherry picking BA units to go along with other armies, and even then finding out that you are handicapping yourself for doing so.  I feel no love.  Sorry.

• A 7th edition codex
  • 1st company rules
  • Flesh tearers rules
  • FW upgrades released
  • tactical squad
  • Sanguinary Priest
  • Termies
  • Jump pack chaplain
  • TDA librarian
Get some perspective.

On this note, can someone provide the issue numbers of White Dwraf that have the formations in them - I'm relatively new back in to the game and could do with picking these up.

Many many thanks hombres!

Archived